Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Leprechauns ECF GM1 5/16

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Are we really not going to be on TNT the entire series? What the hell is that all about?

TNT has the Western Conference. ESPN has the east. Last year it was the opposite. I really hope that the Radio and Bright House HD matches up.

That is seriously gayer than John Amaechi...

Love it!

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Bill Simmons wrote:

For professional basketball, there are three types and three types only. The first occurs when a team collectively says, "We would walk through fire to win this game." (Think 2008 Celtics, 2009 Lakers or 2010 Suns.) The second happens when a former champion that has battled internally to keep its edge says to itself, "You know what? We're not done yet. We're not ready to give this up." (Call it a retro-urgency. Think 2010 Celtics or 2010 Lakers.) The third is faux urgency -- when a team's players don't trust each other or their coach and don't have the right leadership in place, but they're desperately pressing to make a bad situation work anyway. That's the worst kind of urgency. They all fully understand the magnitude of the moment, only they can't quite do enough about it. Maybe it looks as if they're trying, but their body language betrays them.

(Important note: If you don't want to leave out the 2010 Atlanta Hawks, "complete apathy" is the fourth type of urgency. By the way, I have no idea whether Orlando has real urgency or faux urgency. I'm leaning toward the latter. Stay tuned.)

Jesus Christ.

We've been playing with a chip on our shoulder all season, especially in the playoffs, and have steam-rolled the teams we should (not playing down to the competition). And yet there's no way of telling how serious we are about winning?

Really?

And before you say it, I don't harp on the analysis of the "experts," (notice how I didn't start a new thread for this?) I just thought this was very telling of how the mainstream media DOES NOT pay attention to the Magic.

I guess that's a good thing. Just sayin.

That and Simmons is a buffoon. His list of Prove, Know, and whatever is riddled with crap.

I know the Celtics are going to lose in Round 1

I know Cavs-Mavericks is a smart Finals wager in Vegas

I can prove that Brandon Roy will miss the playoffs

I can prove that the 2010 Orlando-Cleveland series will be different than the 2009 Orlando-Cleveland series (well, I guess he was right on this one) smile_shardhappy.png

I can prove that chemistry matters

Group 1 (has it): Cleveland(out), Oklahoma City(out), Dallas(out), Atlanta(OUT!), Portland(out), Milwaukee(out, San Antonio(out) and Phoenix.

Group 2 (doesn't have it): Boston, Los Angeles.

Group 3 (unclear): Orlando, Utah(out), Miami(out), Charlotte(out), Chicago(out), Denver(out).

He, like just about everyone in sports media (read: ESPN), talk out of their butts because they need to fill time or, more importantly for people like Simmons, get more clicks/much have an article in no matter how poor the content is.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Lol @ Gortat.

Anyways what the hell is JVG going to say!!!! AKWARD!

He'll be overly critical of the Magic in that girly voice he has as usual.

Well besides that all season he just said how we have no chance against the Cavs. He always said, dont get me wrong Boston and Orlando have good teams, but the Cavs are winning the east the others have no chance.

Just wonder how he feels about a ECF of Boston and Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Well besides that all season he just said how we have no chance against the Cavs. He always said, dont get me wrong Boston and Orlando have good teams, but the Cavs are winning the east the others have no chance.

Just wonder how he feels about a ECF of Boston and Orlando.

lol... he's gonna continue to the finals thrashing Magic.. and even after we win championship... he'll have excuses to why Other teams played BAD.. rather than why we played well... oh well...

hes jealous of my main man... smile_svgsad.png