Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Simmons Manages to Both Compliment and Insult, as Usual

He really comes off as a know-nothing jerk.

The should just change his name to "The Pop Culture Guy" because even when he tries to talk sports, it has NOTHING to do with sports. His articles come off as a crappy episode of Family Guy, full of nothing but references to obscure pop culture items, with no semblance of actual content. Which is a shame, because his old schtick (sports from the perspective of a fan) was actually pretty good.

quote:
To Steve Nash, who got busted open by a Tim Duncan elbow, received six temporary stitches, came back with his eye swelling shut, then made some one-eyed shots to clinch Phoenix's improbable sweep over its biggest nemesis. First of all, try shooting a 3-pointer with one eye. I bet you miss. Second, if that had happened to Vince Carter, he would have been on the ground for 20 minutes, they would have had to carry him out on one of those neck-stabilizing NFL stretchers, and he'd be groaning in a dark hospital room right now while a plastic surgeon checked out the stitches.

LMAO .. I LOL'd so hard at work just now!

My favorite part of that article:

"THE BOBBY CLARKE AWARD FOR "BEST PLAYOFF MUG"

"To Steve Nash, who got busted open by a Tim Duncan elbow, received six temporary stitches, came back with his eye swelling shut, then made some one-eyed shots to clinch Phoenix's improbable sweep over its biggest nemesis. First of all, try shooting a 3-pointer with one eye. I bet you miss. Second, if that had happened to Vince Carter, he would have been on the ground for 20 minutes, they would have had to carry him out on one of those neck-stabilizing NFL stretchers, and he'd be groaning in a dark hospital room right now while a plastic surgeon checked out the stitches."

LOL!!!...Look, I love Vince...and I think, over the course of the season..and after the travesty that was January, that he's adjusted his game and become a great fit for us, but what Simmons said is sooooo true! lol

quote:
Originally posted by optics:

quote:
To Steve Nash, who got busted open by a Tim Duncan elbow, received six temporary stitches, came back with his eye swelling shut, then made some one-eyed shots to clinch Phoenix's improbable sweep over its biggest nemesis. First of all, try shooting a 3-pointer with one eye. I bet you miss. Second, if that had happened to Vince Carter, he would have been on the ground for 20 minutes, they would have had to carry him out on one of those neck-stabilizing NFL stretchers, and he'd be groaning in a dark hospital room right now while a plastic surgeon checked out the stitches.

LMAO .. I LOL'd so hard at work just now!

Darn you optics! You beat me to it!!..lol. Oh well, I'm not taking down my post. I hardly ever post, so I think I deserve to have one completely redundant post.

quote:
Darn you optics! You beat me to it!!..lol. Oh well, I'm not taking down my post. I hardly ever post, so I think I deserve to have one completely redundant post.

great minds think alike icon_smile.gif

quote:
Their best player, Dwight Howard, cannot push a grocery cart through an aisle or walk across the street on a crosswalk without bowling over three people.

Simmons is a huge tool, and hates the magic just because he wants to, and normally has no logic behind his writing. He is funny as hell though, I will give him that. I LOL'd at that dwight thing, and at orlando being cougar town, because its true. If he thought the O-rena was a heaven for cougars, try going to a rich neighborhood publix on a saturday.