Sign in to follow this  
Sir Raven

We're Better without Carter..

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

My Dog can think better than him.

You totally nailed him.

If you watch portions of games you might think this. Watching the last two games there's stretches where Carter just looks awful. His shots are hitting off the top of the backboard, or they are shots that are too strong that ricochet off the rim, and his shot selection is poor.

Then there's the Vince Carter who takes over, hits big three's, and makes acrobatic drives to the basket.

The fact is we're better having him on our team. He's not a weapon that we need to use exclusively, he knows his role and can perform it when we need him to.

I'm just happy he's starting to take a "Rashard Lewis" outlook. not looking for himself and just doing what it takes for us to win.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

If you watch portions of games you might think this. Watching the last two games there's stretches where Carter just looks awful. His shots are hitting off the top of the backboard, or they are shots that are too strong that ricochet off the rim, and his shot selection is poor.

Then there's the Vince Carter who takes over, hits big three's, and makes acrobatic drives to the basket.

The fact is we're better having him on our team. He's not a weapon that we need to use exclusively, he knows his role and can perform it when we need him to.

I'm just happy he's starting to take a "Rashard Lewis" outlook. not looking for himself and just doing what it takes for us to win.

Exactly.

He gives us that added offense esp. in the fourth. We don't rely solely on him. How can anyone feel like we depend upon this man when it's understood this team is built upon Dwight?

All year people have commented on our depth yet claim that VC will be our downfall. He's pretty much a role player. He is capable of doing a lot for us, but he was brought in to be that guy that can be our second scoring option. And at his age I don't expect him to do everything.

Lewis has done the same for us. He's taken over some games when we really needed someone to ignite.

That's what I love about this team.

They have depth, but play unselfishly. Everyone seems to understand their place and they have fun too.

The only guy I feel a bit bad for is Bass. He's a good player, but he just doesn't seem to fit. He's had some decent production off the bench and seems to have a good relationship with the other guys, specifically Dwight, but I don't think we'll be seeing him in a Magic uniform next year.

In fact, I know we won't.

Anyways, I think it took a little while (after the All-Star break), but this team has gelled into a championship caliber team.

I don't mind people criticizing VC for all his obvious and truthful shortcomings, but the not Clutch in 4th quarters myth ticks me off. He has always been a great 4th quarter player. Always. He has never had a chance to do it in an ECF or Finals, but that does not mean he is not clutch.

skip ... press alt control delete and when the box below appears click on the last button.

error3.gif

if this box dose not appear then you dont have the bayless security feature in your anti virus

quote:
Originally posted by Guitarzan:

I don't mind people criticizing VC for all his obvious and truthful shortcomings, but the not Clutch in 4th quarters myth ticks me off. He has always been a great 4th quarter player. Always. He has never had a chance to do it in an ECF or Finals, but that does not mean he is not clutch.

I will agree he is taking a Lewis type style of play he is waiting for the game to come to him now at times...However he does often take some bad shots.