Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

David Stern Boo'ed In Orlando During Announcement of All-Star Game

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...e=howardgame1-100504

quote:
The commish (who attended with his wife and stayed until the final buzzer) got booed by the hometown fans prior to the game when he stood at center court for the announcement that the Magic will play host to the 2012 All-Star Game, the Magic faithful undoubtedly placing the blame for Howard's four games of foul trouble in the first round squarely on Easy Dave's shoulders.

I don't know how I feel about this. Although he undoubtedly deserved it (and it made me chuckle), I feel the wrath of Stern coming upon us.

This was quite the embarrassment for the little troll. He does not forgive, and does not forget.

I feel like Dallas right now. icon_frown.gif

Should we panic?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...e=howardgame1-100504

quote:
The commish (who attended with his wife and stayed until the final buzzer) got booed by the hometown fans prior to the game when he stood at center court for the announcement that the Magic will play host to the 2012 All-Star Game, the Magic faithful undoubtedly placing the blame for Howard's four games of foul trouble in the first round squarely on Easy Dave's shoulders.

I don't know how I feel about this. Although he undoubtedly deserved it (and it made me chuckle), I feel the wrath of Stern coming upon us.

This was quite the embarrassment for the little troll. He does not forgive, and does not forget.

I feel like Dallas right now. icon_frown.gif

Should we panic?

its better we do not compromise our values and face the upcoming wrath that is sure to fall upon us, than to applaud a man we feel is undeserving.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

its better we do not compromise our values and face the upcoming wrath that is sure to fall upon us, than to applaud a man we feel is undeserving.

Makes sense.

Since he was most likely going to try to screw us over in the ECF's anyway, regardless of the boo's or not, we needed to send him and the NBA a message through the media.

And when would we ever have a another chance to boo him? I am kind of glad we took advantage of this opportunity.

I'll tell you what and im not exagerrating at all i started the boos before anyone else.. I knew who he was about 30 seconds before they said who he was and i got about 10 ppl around me starting to booo then the section i was in started and then the whole crowd chimed in...it was awesome.

I also booed the Magic Dancers cause one of their routines just plain sucked in the first quarter. I was the only one that time...

quote:
Originally posted by Arex Bawrin:

Doesn't bother me, we already got the all-star game:P

I wasn't talking about the All-Star game lol. I was talking about the ECF's/Finals.

Pretty legit "Lets go Magic" chant after the game in the halls...

OT: I tried to stop the booing in my section of stern, but their hatred out shined my passion to not let our magic fall to the wrath of stern, which is understandable.

Neither Booing or Cheering Stern will make a difference to him. He gets booed or heckled all the time.

His beef with the Mavs has to do with Mark Cuban and not their fans.