Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Bulls fire Del Negro

quote:
The Chicago Bulls have scheduled a news conference with general manager Gar Forman for Tuesday morning to announce the firing of head coach Vinny Del Negro, the team said on Monday.

Sources said that Forman met with Del Negro on Monday. As part of the Bulls' organizational meetings over the past couple of days, Forman also met with other members of the Bulls hierarchy about Del Negro's future. Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf spoke to Del Negro over the weekend, when the coach made an argument to keep his job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chic...ews/story?id=5159051

I don't know about you but I think this is an absolutely horrible decision. The players were behind him, especially their star Rose, and instead of sticking with him they ship him out. To me it just screams of leadership saying either he or the GM Paxson had to go.

quote:
The Chicago Bulls have scheduled a news conference with general manager Gar Forman for Tuesday morning to announce the firing of head coach Vinny Del Negro, the team said on Monday.

Sources said that Forman met with Del Negro on Monday. As part of the Bulls' organizational meetings over the past couple of days, Forman also met with other members of the Bulls hierarchy about Del Negro's future. Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf spoke to Del Negro over the weekend, when the coach made an argument to keep his job.

I don't know about you but I think this is an absolutely horrible decision. The players were behind him, especially their star Rose, and instead of sticking with him they ship him out. To me it just screams of leadership saying either he or the GM Paxson had to go.

i agree it was a bad move by chicago

Del Negro did a great job especally with the lose of Ben Gordon to the pistons. they will regret that call.

Depends on who they get to replace him. Hopefully they don't go for a big name Coach and try to find someone who deserves to be there.

Obviously this wasn't a 'coaching' fire, it was a 'I don't get along with him' fire.

If bulls get a terrible coach and don't do well in FA then they can thank Paxson

Yes, the players were behind Del Negro but there were rumors of him being fired ever since last December. So this is not really surprising. I'm not saying Del Negro is a bad coach but if they don't cut ties with him now the rumors will flare up again every time the Bulls go on a bad stretch. It will be a distraction to the team all over again.

I'm waiting to see who they go after before I decide for myself whether this is a bad move or not. To me it will definitely be a bad move if the Bulls hire a coach with zero experience again.

Here comes Avery Johnson or Byron Scott.

Either one can help Derrick Rose evolve into a better pg and attract another star to play with that team.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

dude it's way more complicated than that. The bulls wanted to fire him since Christmas. but for whatever reason he stuck around, and then the incident with Paxson. He had to go, he was the odd man out. Why would they fire Paxson anyway? over one incident when the guy has made many good moves, would be a clear overreaction.

As for his coaching abilities, I think he's a decent coach considering he had no experience prior to the bulls position. He's done okay for himself and he'll probably have no problem finding work with another team.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

dude it's way more complicated than that. The bulls wanted to fire him since Christmas. but for whatever reason he stuck around, and then the incident with Paxson. He had to go, he was the odd man out. Why would they fire Paxson anyway? over one incident when the guy has made many good moves, would be a clear overreaction.

As for his coaching abilities, I think he's a decent coach considering he had no experience prior to the bulls position. He's done okay for himself and he'll probably have no problem finding work with another team.

Paxson is awful, Vinnie took a lottery team that suffered a lot of injuries to the playoffs and even won a game against the #1 seed... not bad at all.