Sign in to follow this  
patport21

How would you go about stopping all the flopping?

What I dont understand is why a charge is only called if the defense falls to the ground.

For example.

Vajero flops barely touched and a charge is called.

Howard on the other hand holds his ground arms straight up in the air and has Felton run in to him. He gets either a no call or gets called for blocking foul?

Shouldnt matter if you fall to the ground or manage to stay on your feet.

Thats what I believe needs to be addressed so players that run into howard get the O-foul.

Review all game footage at the end of season, then start fining people. They were supposed to implement some type of fining system before but it never fell through...

Here is my proposal, and you can combine this with your 'in-game' fix as well. Together I think it's a solid move for the NBA to take in an effort to get rid of this trend.

I think a flop should be a technical foul, and it should be able to be assessed after the fact. Just like flagrant fould are reviewed and sometimes changed after the fact. Tapes should be reviewed (they do this anyway on different levels) and technicals for flopping handed out, and added to the season total per player.

16 technicals and you get auto suspended for a game for each one after that? (I'm sure that number is wrong, but someone will correct me, I am also sure of that.) Heck, even if a player averaged 1 flop per game, he would be suspended for something like 33 games? That would pose a serious penalty.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Here is my proposal, and you can combine this with your 'in-game' fix as well. Together I think it's a solid move for the NBA to take in an effort to get rid of this trend.

I think a flop should be a technical foul, and it should be able to be assessed after the fact. Just like flagrant fould are reviewed and sometimes changed after the fact. Tapes should be reviewed (they do this anyway on different levels) and technicals for flopping handed out, and added to the season total per player.

16 technicals and you get auto suspended for a game for each one after that? (I'm sure that number is wrong, but someone will correct me, I am also sure of that.) Heck, even if a player averaged 1 flop per game, he would be suspended for something like 33 games? That would pose a serious penalty.

in soccer if you flop you get a yellow, and two yellows is a red card and your tossed out of a game, and to make it even more of a sting? have the other team play a man down hahaha...

alright that's outlandish, but what's even more outlandish? what about a penality box? a coach would remove flopping from their gameplan if it came at the cost of having to run 4 men in a game for a minute.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I blame the Euro influence...so kick them all out the league.

For fear of looking like a racist, I completely agree with this statement.

Such a generalisation. The worst floppers are Ginobili, Varejao and Pierce - two South Americans and an American, though admitedly this is closely followed by anyone Spanish.

Just be thankful there aren't that many Italians in the league because if they're anything like their football team then it would be awful, I mean when adverts are made to take the michael showing them as divers/floppers you know its bad.