Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Why is it that....

We beat the Bobcats by 15 and yet the title to the thread on ESPN.com says "Magic hold off Cats" which is basically what they said after the game 1 win.

Also why do we have to listen to the Bobcats' announce Matt Devlin? Listening to Captain Hack this and Gerald Wallace that everytime they do anything is just wrong to have to have on national TV. They never talk about the Magic being up by 20. It is always, well the Bobcats have played really bad and are lucky to still have a chance int he game. Always talking about their defense being the reason we miss and their careless play the reason the Bobcats miss.

Then listening to Kevin McHale makes me sick to because he has no backbone. He follows in line step with Matt Devlin with this Captain Jack crap and being a pro-Bobcat announcer.

Then on top of all this, Howard is getting more phantom foul calls against him in these first two games than I can remember in a long long time. He gets zero respect for being the two time, back to back DPOY. That call on him when he was tipping the rebound to himself and they call a foul was horrible. All the other foul cals were just as bad, but I mean come on this is rediculous to have to deal with this in the first round.

All I can say is thank god we would not be playing Boston next because it would probably be worse.

Someone straighten me out and tell me I am off base. I just have never seen it this slanted against the Magic at every angle from the announcers, to the print on espn.com to the horrible calls by the refs.

We beat the Bobcats by 15 and yet the title to the thread on ESPN.com says "Magic hold off Cats" which is basically what they said after the game 1 win.

Also why do we have to listen to the Bobcats' announce Matt Devlin? Listening to Captain Hack this and Gerald Wallace that everytime they do anything is just wrong to have to have on national TV. They never talk about the Magic being up by 20. It is always, well the Bobcats have played really bad and are lucky to still have a chance int he game. Always talking about their defense being the reason we miss and their careless play the reason the Bobcats miss.

Then listening to Kevin McHale makes me sick to because he has no backbone. He follows in line step with Matt Devlin with this Captain Jack crap and being a pro-Bobcat announcer.

Then on top of all this, Howard is getting more phantom foul calls against him in these first two games than I can remember in a long long time. He gets zero respect for being the two time, back to back DPOY. That call on him when he was tipping the rebound to himself and they call a foul was horrible. All the other foul cals were just as bad, but I mean come on this is rediculous to have to deal with this in the first round.

All I can say is thank god we would not be playing Boston next because it would probably be worse.

Someone straighten me out and tell me I am off base. I just have never seen it this slanted against the Magic at every angle from the announcers, to the print on espn.com to the horrible calls by the refs.

Because the Bobcats are the underdog and everyone that's not a Magic fan will cheer for the underdog.

Just remember 1 year ago man, it was much worse then this. Trust me. At least people are expecting us to win this series unlike last years series we had a decent amount of people expecting philly to upset us. And a KG-less celtics were still favored over us easily in 6 games by most.

Your not to far off base but this really is an ugly series. The thing is, I don't see why anyone is surprised about it.

Your talking about the best two defensive teams in the NBA. Good defensive teams force a game to become ugly and frustrate other teams. They make you look a lot worse then you are. Consequently they are also harder on a ref because of how physical they are. Add that with the refs already bad as it is and it turns the game into just one big cluster ****.

Think on the brightside though. We will NOT see a team that will play us defensively as had as the Bobcats. Not one team. Not the Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, Mavs. Their D is just that good. Our guys are gonna view the Hawks spotty d next round like playing against air after this one.