Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Joakim Noah needs to be in a Magic Jersey

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Emory, I don't know if you meant me or not, but I'm not saying Joakim can't contribute. I'm just saying he isn't a starting caliber center, which means he would actually be perfect here if he knows his role.

No, I was referring to the people that said they would pass because he sucks. Every now and then, I get additional confirmation that a large percentage of the people that post on this forum don't watch any team other than the Magic. If it were me, I would play Noah at the power forward position along side Dwight. Our team defense and rebounding would be fantastic.

I would take Noah too, and put him at PF. Slide Shard to the 3 and have him funnel his man to the baseline on D. We are already the best defensive team in the league, but we would be even better on D then.

Our offense? Probably not as good though. But defense trumps offense in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

I would take Noah too, and put him at PF. Slide Shard to the 3 and have him funnel his man to the baseline on D. We are already the best defensive team in the league, but we would be even better on D then.

Our offense? Probably not as good though. But defense trumps offense in the playoffs.

Not as many offensive weapons but we would get considerably more second chance opportunities, which leads to more points.

Just so we are clear, I don't think Noah is a realistic option for the Magic. At least one team is going to offer him more money than the Magic can afford. It is kind of fun to think about a Howard/Noah frontcourt though.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

Emory, I don't know if you meant me or not, but I'm not saying Joakim can't contribute. I'm just saying he isn't a starting caliber center, which means he would actually be perfect here if he knows his role.

No, I was referring to the people that said they would pass because he sucks. Every now and then, I get additional confirmation that a large percentage of the people that post on this forum don't watch any team other than the Magic. If it were me, I would play Noah at the power forward position along side Dwight. Our team defense and rebounding would be fantastic.

yeaaaaa, i watch alot of other games, i just don't care for him. he's an alright player, but i'll put money that he wouldn't get along with someone at some point. and to the point that he's an alright player i'm putting him in the category of ryan anderson with another year, more minutes, and a d-bag training, that's great that he screams out there and says stupid **** to 'fire his team up' in press conferences, but at the end of the day he's not winning any games with that, i don't see any other magic player talking about how ****ty another city is no matter what it looks like. but then again who knows how anyone would play next to dwight and as long as we're doing this, i'm making a pull for aldridge if we could ever feasibly get him here, and along those crazy lines, amare, josh smith, david west....

I have a solution:

Trade Shard and Barnes to Minnesota for Corey Brewer

Trade Jameer and Gortat to Atlanta for Al Horford

Trade Vince And Anderson to Chicago for Noah and Chris Richard

Trade our first round pick to Philly for Marreese Speights

Trade JJ to Dallas for the rights to Nick Calthes

Sign David Lee to a max contract

Sign Taurean Green and Lee Humphrey from overseas.

Dwight will have to sit on the bench because no one would take his contract.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Leoben:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have question for guys wanting to get Noah, are you gonna bench Dwight or trade him ?

Are you implying that Joakim Noah is better than Dwight Howard?

That statement alone deserves a ban, get to work mods.

No, it was a joke made to imply that there is no place for Noah in Magic roaster, no place at all.

I know people sometimes write really stupid things in trade talks but taking seriously bench/trade D12 becouse of Noah ? icon_wink.gif

BTW explanation why no place on the roaster despite I belive it's pretty obvious.

If you Bring Noah center that wants starter role, starter minutes and soon nice starter sallary you have to put him somewhere in the lineup and payroll, Gotcha ! I guess some people didn't bother to think so far icon_wink.gif

Noah can't play PF, unless next to C (or rather fake C) with a lot of outside game like big Z, Brad Miller, Okur, Nenad Krstic etc.

He can't shoot, don't have high post game so no playing with D12 together, even if, you would keep Shard 20 mil $ on bench for half of the time and give no playing time for RA and Bass ? Forget about Shard playing SF.

Noah contract is expiring after next season and he'll be looking for fat paychecks in next 4 to 5 years which Orlando can't give.

It's evident you don't watch the Bulls hardly ever. Noah isn't a starting center. He's just a starting center on the Bulls because they have nothing. He's not going out and getting fat paychecks from anyone, unless Al Davis decides to buy an NBA team.

He should get bigger contract than Gortat, easily. I won't be suprised with something over 10 mil per year if his next season will be a little better from current one.

That's the money centers got paid in NBA. And I consider this way to fat for Magic wallet especially for backup behind best center in the league.

And there are many teams in NBA with similar or bigger deficits at center position. He may not be starting center in most of the teams but he will look for it and he should find it too, if he would play any other position that would be different.

emory889 still he could be only Dwight Howard backup with minutes that Gortat have now but for bigger money, he wouldn't be good contributor becouse he wouldn't get a chance.

He wouldn't get a bigger contract than Gortat. Gortat may have underachieved this year, but remember when he got that contract he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Still I beg to differ, you could find many centers in NBA at similar lever or worse from Noah with contracts around 7-10 mil per year.

Noah is young, athletic, big hustle, still unpolished similar to Gortat in some ways, talent wise and potential too but he already proven this season he can perform at decent level with decent numbers.

Noah will never consider Magic as option becouse very limited minutes he could have here.

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

I have a solution:

Trade Shard and Barnes to Minnesota for Corey Brewer

Trade Jameer and Gortat to Atlanta for Al Horford

Trade Vince And Anderson to Chicago for Noah and Chris Richard

Trade our first round pick to Philly for Marreese Speights

Trade JJ to Dallas for the rights to Nick Calthes

Sign David Lee to a max contract

Sign Taurean Green and Lee Humphrey from overseas.

Dwight will have to sit on the bench because no one would take his contract.

we'll also need to find what donnell harvey is up to these days

I had my doubts about Noah's ability to play in the NBA but I was dead wrong. He is on of those guys that you hate when your team plays against them (a la Verajao) but you'd completely adore if he was on your favorite team. Good rebounder, awkward yet effective scorer and the kid has no quit in him. I'd certainly love him on the Pistons.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

I had my doubts about Noah's ability to play in the NBA but I was dead wrong. He is on of those guys that you hate when your team plays against them (a la Verajao) but you'd completely adore if he was on your favorite team. Good rebounder, awkward yet effective scorer and the kid has no quit in him. I'd certainly love him on the Pistons.

Noah on my team? Yes. Varejao?? NEVER!!