Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Should the NBA increase the number of fouls allowed?

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Very tragic. After 20 years of watching basketball and sports in general athletes progress but the officating gets worse and they don't even try to hide it. Its like they are trying to insult the people who have followed it.

I won't say basketball is easy to officiate, but good god some calls are just ridiculous.

quote:

Very tragic. After 20 years of watching basketball and sports in general athletes progress but the officating gets worse and they don't even try to hide it. Its like they are trying to insult the people who have followed it.

I remember the play that peaches got elbowed in the face AND WAS CALLED FOR A FOUL! It was embarrassing and yet the story lines read "Magic survive bobcats". The refs played a greater role in the Cats "comeback" than did the players.

Yeah but you can tell when a bad call is just a bad call and one is just so **** obvious that the refs have other agendas. Last night's little span of a minute or 2 of this was the latter. Its been happening for a long time now.

Btw, this has nothing to do with the whole disrespect to Orlando as far as the media is concern. Its the entire Association. I have watched other games of other teams and seen this.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

I won't take anything away from the players. They did play a role but the refs played one as well. Clearly the refs had other agendas besides just officating the game.

I remember the play that peaches got elbowed in the face AND WAS CALLED FOR A FOUL! It was embarrassing and yet the story lines read "Magic survive bobcats". The refs played a greater role in the Cats "comeback" than did the players.

quote:
Hide Post

I think they should quit calling a foul every time an offensive player drives into the lane initiating the contact, looking for free throws.

I think every time that the offensive player (lets call him, for the sake of the argument, LeBron) tries to initiate contact with the defensive player (lets call it, from hereinafter, Dwight) to get to the line, the Dwight should absolutely make the LeBron feel like he got struck by a lighting.

I don't care if they call a foul after that. But lets earn that foul.

quote:

For those who say no, why?

I would personally advocate several rule changes, more fouls wouldn't be 1. I wouldn't have a huge issue w/something along the line of summer league rules however where the opponent receives 1 extra FT for every foul committed by a player over 6.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

I would personally advocate several rule changes, more fouls wouldn't be 1. I wouldn't have a huge issue w/something along the line of summer league rules however where the opponent receives 1 extra FT for every foul committed by a player over 6.

so... we start drafting pre schoolers?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

so... we start drafting pre schoolers?

I do think the 1 and done's destroy the integrity of the college game if that's what you're referring too...

quote:

quote:

You have captured the essence of how i feel. The issue isn't even the amount of fouls but the fouling out thing. I think it needs to go. People watch games to see the stars, too many times guys have to sit their best players because of foul trouble. I've been saying t long before Dwight came into the league.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You have captured the essence of how i feel. The issue isn't even the amount of fouls but the fouling out thing. I think it needs to go. People watch games to see the stars, too many times guys have to sit their best players because of foul trouble. I've been saying t long before Dwight came into the league.

It's way too easy for a team to gameplan for Dwight now. "Bull into the lane and go up strong into him. You'll get the call more often than not and he'll have to sit". Thank god Otis signed Gortat or I really think we'd be screwed.