Sign in to follow this  
jec

Official Analyst Picks/Commentary Thread

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

ugh lebron is such an overrated defender..

I'm interested to hear your reasoning behind that.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

meh he's not. just annoying how they show the same come from behind block 30 times in a row and try and break it down.

James is not an All-Defensive 1st or 2nd team... MAYBE 3rd, but he would have to try harder on defense for more than 10 minutes a game.

quote:

quote:

quote:

meh he's not. just annoying how they show the same come from behind block 30 times in a row and try and break it down.

Ok, that's fair. The break down of his block shots at halftime was pretty annoying.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, that's fair. The break down of his block shots at halftime was pretty annoying.

I'm too lazy to actually look it up, but I'd like to see WHY he's considered a "good" defender. The chase-down block, I'm sure, 6 times out of 10, is goal-tending.

And other than that, what does he do to change a game on the defensive side of the ball?

I watch his games, I don't see him "shutting down" anybody on a nightly basis. I'd say Wade is a better individual defender than James, by a long shot...

But again, I'm going off what I see, not stats... so I could be WAY off. And if so, then I apologize.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm too lazy to actually look it up, but I'd like to see WHY he's considered a "good" defender. The chase-down block, I'm sure, 6 times out of 10, is goal-tending.

And other than that, what does he do to change a game on the defensive side of the ball?

I watch his games, I don't see him "shutting down" anybody on a nightly basis. I'd say Wade is a better individual defender than James, by a long shot...

But again, I'm going off what I see, not stats... so I could be WAY off. And if so, then I apologize.

The shot blocks get a lot of publicity but it isn't the main reason that I think he is a good defender. It's his versatility. He can easily defend the shooting guard and small forward positions. What makes him special is his ability to defend power forwards (and I'm shocked that Mike Brown hasn't used him at the 4 more often) and even point guards depending on the matchup. He has the strength, speed, and ability to guard almost anyone on the basketball court. His defense is often overshadowed by offense but I think if he were to focus solely on his defense (which of course would be silly) he would be Ron Artest with infinitely better athleticism.

quote:

I'm shocked that Mike Brown hasn't used him at the 4 more often.

I've always wondered why Lebron hasn't been penciled in as their full-time PF (especially as a n adjustment in last year's playoffs). Dude is 6-10 260lbs. He's easily big enough and would represent a matchup problem for EVERY SINGLE PF in the league. If Brown were to move LBJ to the 4, then Jamison would have been a non-necessity.

When they are standing on the court next to eachother, Dwight has what would seem to be about an inch or so advantage on him height wise. So, either Lebron is taller than he's listed or Dwight is shorter.