Sign in to follow this  
Malachi

Cavs vs Bulls

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Shaq isn't a good match-up against the Bulls...

Is that why he didn't play? I tuned in late and didn't see shaq for a second, nor Ilgauskas except to guard the inbound man.

anywho, great great win for Bulls! keep it guys!

I wouldn't know, only watched the last 6-7 minutes of the 4th. Just making the statement that Shaq is not a good matchup for the Bull's small lineup. Since they probably don't post him up much during crunch time (since LeBron would have the ball), it'd be tough to have him out there running against that lineup and possibly shooting free throws.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Shaq isn't a good match-up against the Bulls...

Why, to dominate? I don't understand why the Cavs just don't go big and out-muscle the Bulls. Why they are playing down to Chicago's size is beyond me. Shaq was a force early in the series, why choose to keep Parker out there instead of him?

Then I remember Mike Brown is their coach and it all makes sense.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

WHERE ARE THE CAVS FANS NOW?

Here.

0MGEES WE L0ST A GAM3...WES MUSTS SUCK AND WE CAN NOT EVER BEAT THE MAG1C NEM0RE!!!

ESPN's NBA homepage is still from game 2;

"King James. The Chosen One. And now, The Closer. LeBron's 40-8-8 night was capped by a big finish."

FAIL

Well, I figured this would happen. I remember saying a while back if Shaq played, it would be a 5 game series, and if he didn't play, it would be a 4 game series. I expect the Cavs to pick it up in game 4.

This should still be a problem though. Dwight is a young athetlic center just like these guys here. He hasn't ran against Shaq much, but he's definitely more threatening than Joakim Noah.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

This should still be a problem though. Dwight is a young athetlic center just like these guys here. He hasn't ran against Shaq much, but he's definitely more threatening than Joakim Noah.

The Cavs aren't having a problem running the floor. Obviously, they are slow at the Center position, but backcourt defense has been killing us.

Last night was a once in a lifetime game for the Bulls. Hinrich and Rose were hitting every shot they threw up, although they were all good looks.

How many games in Hinrich's career has he shot as good as he did last night? My guess would be very few, if any.

This game doesn't worry me in the least, however I don't know about other Cavs fans. Boobie Gibson would be a better fit against the Bulls at the 2 than Parker, but apparently MB is sticking with the playoff rotation.

The only thing this win did for the Cavs is extend the series by a game. It also gives the Bulls and their fans something nice to hang their season on.

Any additional games the Cavs have to play is a plus for any teams that must face them in later rounds.

Having said that, the Magic need to be wary of the same thing happening to them. I'd love for the Magic to sweep the first round and get some rest while other teams are still playing.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

WHERE ARE THE CAVS FANS NOW?

Uhhh, it's one game. Some of you guys ride the most ridiculous roller coaster of emotion.

Anytime the team your playing gets 27 points from a role player, you're probably going to lose.

Hinrich scored 27 point...on 12 shots. Almost all of them came with a defender challenging the shot. The guy was unconscious.

If Deng, Rose and Hinrich score 78 points again, this won't be the only time Chicago beats Cleveland.