Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Shard and Jameer key to Finals run. [link]

I'm sure Smack will love this. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Who is important? The two guys that could have Orlando out way, way earlier than it needs to be. Rashard Lewis, and Jameer Nelson.

Rashard Lewis is important because his position - a stretch power forward - is important. And unless Lewis looks for his own shot and then connects on his own shot at a high rate, the Magic are in trouble. Why? Because Lewis contributes absolutely nothing else of value. Nothing. So-so defense, league-worst rebounding at his position, no real playmaking. He has to hit shots, or he has to sit, quickly, for Ryan Anderson.

Who, by the way, was a better all-around player this year than Lewis while making (come on, don't get haughty, you knew this was coming) nearly $17 million less than Rashard

Great read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bl...25#remaining-content

quote:
Who is important? The two guys that could have Orlando out way, way earlier than it needs to be. Rashard Lewis, and Jameer Nelson.

Rashard Lewis is important because his position - a stretch power forward - is important. And unless Lewis looks for his own shot and then connects on his own shot at a high rate, the Magic are in trouble. Why? Because Lewis contributes absolutely nothing else of value. Nothing. So-so defense, league-worst rebounding at his position, no real playmaking. He has to hit shots, or he has to sit, quickly, for Ryan Anderson.

Who, by the way, was a better all-around player this year than Lewis while making (come on, don't get haughty, you knew this was coming) nearly $17 million less than Rashard

Great read.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Great read.

Couldn't agree more. If Lewis isn't scoring he just standing around doing nothing. This guy in 2 years will be coming off the bench playing limited minutes. I'm glad is in 2 years and not now and hopefully he's ready for the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Great read.

The section in bold upsets me to no end. Rashard is becoming less and less relevant to the success of the team. I've said numerous times that i'd prefer Ryan and Brandon manning the four over Rashard. He is USELESS unless he is making shots. I'd go so far as to call him a liability and i'm shuddering to think what Jamison is gonna do to him if we play the Cavs icon_frown.gif

The worse part is we can't even trade him. We are stuck with a small forward masquerading as a Power Forward who can't rebound, make plays or even dribble without falling over. icon_mad.gif

Sigh...i feel better now icon_smile.gif

Dont agree at all with the article.

Even both have sth to prove, Shard already excelled last year in the playoffs, until Gasol came.

Now I have confidence he will play in a similar way, I am hoping better, than in 09.

Jameer has more to prove, since he hasnt done anything right in his 3 playoffs appearances so far.

But yes, the success of those 2 will be a large factor for us in our aspirations to win the ship.

Also don't agree with the article. Shard's d maybe so-so, but he doesn't have the defensive break downs that the other two have mentally (especially Bass). He also is the only person outside of JJ who seems to actually understand how to enter a pass into the post to Dwight. And more then anything if Howard and Vince are out then Rashard becomes the next person to run the offense through.

God how quickly you all forget. Rashard sacrifices more on this team then anyone. He could be a 20+ scorer a night but on this team he is relegated to the 4th and sometimes even the fifth option if Barnes is on. Lets flash back though to the last time Rashard was ever actually given the ball consistently. Do any of you even remember?

Game 6 first round @ Philly last year?

-No Dwight no Lee and at Philly looking to push us too a series deciding Game 7. Lewis scored 29 points on 11 of 22 shooting, pulling down 7 boards, dishing out 5 assists, getting 2 blocks. NONE of his points came from the 3 point line. He also shot 7 of 9 from the free throw as well.

This is the last time Lewis has ever been given the ball and told "your our guy, we are either gonna win or loose by what you do." And he not only passed he nearly single handedly blew Philly out of the water in a playoff series clinching game. This is something Bass and Anderson are not capable of and also will never be capable of. People will always be heavy on Lewis for his contract and say he never earns it. My question is how often has he ever gotten the chance to earn it?

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

God how quickly you all forget. Rashard sacrifices more on this team then anyone. He could be a 20+ scorer a night .

Game 6 first round @ Philly last year?

-No Dwight no Lee and at Philly looking to push us too a series deciding Game 7. Lewis scored 29 points on 11 of 22 shooting, pulling down 7 boards, dishing out 5 assists, getting 2 blocks. NONE of his points came from the 3 point line. He also shot 7 of 9 from the free throw as well.

And people are too dumb to realize he really steps up when dwight gets in foul trouble or something else ... he showed it in the 2 Miami games and against the spurs.

Also one other reminder, when Dwight is in foul trouble (or god forbid, suspended or hurt) who is the only player on this team that we can actually post up play after play and get points from? Bass may get one or two, Anderson the same, and Vince can get one if he gets a smaller guard. But the only other player on this team who has the ability to post up and get points against any player is Rashard.