Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

After a successful season, what was the one major failure?

I think if we end up losing to the Cavs in a Game 7 situation the biggest regret will the January malaise and the inability to have everyone healthy at the beginning of this season.

The Magic team we have seen in the second half of the season would have had the best record in the NBA if they had been together the whole season.

The biggest failure was the decline of "Global plantation" jokes into a zero sum of them. Half the new posters won't even know what I'm talking about when my location says I'm tilling the fields there.

We've all let ourselves down.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by Voice of Treason:

Don't know whether you can tell or not by my limited posts or failure to attach pictures to my title, but I do this on a fairly part-time basis. Since I last checked, I must have missed when everyone became fans of Jameer. In those threads people were posting obscure stats as to why he was one of the worst starting point guards in the league. When did his bandwagon get so crowded? Did he change since then, or have people just grown to love him? Also, I was hoping to brush up on my internet jargon. What is a troll? And don't say me or I'll eat your goat.

When was the last time you were here? Last year? lol

Troll means lol? When I'm reading this board, why do I feel like I'm trapped in some bizarre, parallel universe sequel to Revenge of the Nerdswhere the Tri-Lams are what's cool and the jocks are trying to snuggle up to them but are getting shunned instead?

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

Otis Smith for not trading Jameer Nelson

Welcome back old friend.

Wats up

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

Otis Smith for not trading Jameer Nelson

Well you are nothing if not consistent.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

No it IS that I dont like Jameer. Plz dont tell me that I should all of a sudden become a Jameer fanatic because I like Nash. Dont compare those two.

Nash gets a lot of assists of pick n rolls with Amare, yes. Jameer gets a lot of points and some assists off of pick n rolls with Dwight.

Nash averages 11 assists per game. ELEVEN. You guys are just pushing it now.

Nash averages 1.2 more shots a game than Jameer ON A TEAM WHERE HE NEEDS TO BE SHOOTING, he doesnt have Dwight Howard, VInce Carter, Rashard Lewis.

Nash shoots over 50%.

So Jameer shares a similarity with Nash, the Pick N Roll use. That doesnt mean I'm a Jameer fan lol. So Every PG that uses the PIck n Roll I have to dislike? Because Jameer uses the PIck and roll? my god guys.

Comparing Jameer with Steve Nash is not a smart. Nash averages 11 assists and is a 2 time MVP.

I'm allowed to like J Kidd and Nash and not like Jameer. Why dont you realize this.

50% of Nash's assist comes from the fast break, and the run and gun system they play compliments that a lot. The Magic play at a much slower pace and are not a fast breaking team, so you can't really knock on Jameer for not pushing the ball up the way Nash does, mainly because that's not how the team is supposed to play.

The single most disappointing event of the entire season was Josh Smith's game winning dunk with Rashard Lewis helplessly waiving at the ball 3 inches off the ground as if he were chained to the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

The single most disappointing event of the entire season was Josh Smith's game winning dunk with Rashard Lewis helplessly waiving at the ball 3 inches off the ground as if he were chained to the floor.

I was going to say that loss was tied with the similar loss to Miami, only, we should have learned from the Miami game, so the fact that it happened a second time, from the same position (correct?), was more troublesome.