Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

After a successful season, what was the one major failure?

59 wins. 2nd seed in the playoffs. Homecourt if we make it to the Finals. Records for players and the team itself, All-Star, and probably a few awards going to Dwight.

All in all, a very successful season. Though there were some bumps here and there.

In your opinion, what was the one major failure of the season?

I would have to say it would be not acquiring a late 1st on draft night. After seeing how the draft produced so many quality point guards, and that being a need going into the season, it's disappointing knowing it probably could have been had for pennies. With this upcoming draft being weak at that position and no other glaring needs, it got me thinking that would probably be the only big failure we had.

What comes to mind for you?

I agree and also being destroyed in january wasn't too fun. If we could've done a little better in january and got to 60 wins that would've been nice. Not much of a fail but it's something that bothers me now that we're going into the playoffs only a few games back of the cavs.

The inability to get Dwight to take another step forward offensively.

After the playoffs last year, it appeared inevitable. You really have to question the bball IQ's of players who aren't looking for this guy as option 1, 2, & 3 deep in the paint on every possession.

It's so far beyond rediculous, I'm surprised he still puts in the effort to run the floor, and seal defenders under the rim.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

The inability to get Dwight to take another step forward offensively.

After the playoffs last year, it appeared inevitable. You really have to question the bball IQ's of players who aren't looking for this guy as option 1, 2, & 3 deep in the paint on every possession.

It's so far beyond rediculous, I'm surprised he still puts in the effort to run the floor, and seal defenders under the rim.

maybe we should fire ewing, and hire anderson as the footwork coach.