Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Kittens Game 1 4/18 5:30p

I think Dwight was hit with some ticky-tack calls I wouldn't expect called in the playoffs, but on a whole wasn't as bad as some people on here made it seem. Refs miss calls, move on to the next play.

People need to understand basketball is a game of runs, and in the playoffs every team is going to battle.

My two cents:

- Excellent Jameer, being aggresive, hitting from outside and making his FT.

- Another key playoffs performances by Lewis and Pietrus. That 3 by MP with 2 min remaining was awesome.

- Poor defensive job by Gortat, he does not seem to be making efforts on that side of the court.

- Howard was very important in D, and good with that offensive board and dunk at the end.

- Poor job by the refs, with many ticky tack fouls.

- Carter was awful, he did create his own shot but missed repeteadly. I am confident he will bounce back, though.

- Didnt like JWill

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

25 years of watching 200+ games of basketball a year and that IS WITHOUT A DOUBT the worst officiated half of basketball I have EVER seen! Ive seen worse games (not many) but this was the Bobcats, not the Lebrons, Jordans, Celts or Lakers. That gives credence to just how horrible these guys were calling the game. This was a defending eastern conference champ playing a team without a playoff appearance and youd think MJ, Lebron and Paul Pierce were playing for the Cats.

I sure hope VC or Dwight with those 100 million buck contracts publicly call out the refs. Its chump change but SPEAK UP.

i disagree. we really didn't get screwed all that much

I disagree with your disagreement

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

The refs were kind to dwight...WHAT...he is the league meal ticket for the next 10 years and they called 4 touch fouls on him in 6 minutes of play. Im sorry you need to bend vour and use your good eye if you believe this.

Iguess we watched different games. I guess you missed Dwight trying to knock off Wallaces head in the final minute to. (a no call)

Dwight wasn't playing that smart. The fouls were legit for the most part.

lol, the Bobcats attacked the ENTIRE game and the Magic turned into a complete jumpshooting team in the end of the 3rd and 4th, yet the refs are to award the jumpshooting team and NOT the team going to the rim in almost every possession...

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

lol, the Bobcats attacked the ENTIRE game and the Magic turned into a complete jumpshooting team in the end of the 3rd and 4th, yet the refs are to award the jumpshooting team and NOT the team going to the rim in almost every possession...

That is a valid point

quote:

Exactly... The Kittens never gave up there game plan to attack and eventually started to get the calls.

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

Exactly... The Kittens never gave up there game plan to attack and eventually started to get the calls.

i do agree...but then i see VC drive or Barnes, and they get hacked and there's no call. So i dunno if they lose their motivation to drive bc the refs don't blow their whistles on our end it seems

quote:
Originally posted by sportsfanatic:

quote:

quote:

Nah... Vince was shooting horrible. Barnes didn't even play that much. Vince has never gotten calls anyway.lol..

Neither of them played that well. Hopefully THAT will change. Vince and Matt struggling are the difference between a nail biting win and an easy cruise win. I'm sure that both of these guys will step it up. Matt is more predictable and Vince will have his moments to shine.

i do agree...but then i see VC drive or Barnes, and they get hacked and there's no call. So i dunno if they lose their motivation to drive bc the refs don't blow their whistles on our end it seems

quote:

quote:

I think the Magic need to get to the rim and paint more often, and depend less on the jumpers. We need to get better on FT, especially Dwight. Dwight must learn quickly that he cannot let those guys get into his head. Hopefully, we will see improve during game 2.