Sign in to follow this  
UBBALLER8

Skip Bayless, Rob Parker, and Jalen Rose don't buy the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by TampaTony:

This forum's going to be extremely boring when we actually get the respect we're due... I mean what would we talk about? Arrested Development? that show sucked...

HAHA

If we win the NBA Championship that's what we'll be facing, and I'm completely fine with that.

I'd rather be bored and a champion than talked bad about and not a champ.

True, but to be honest i think we'll be like the spurs and they'll always talk about the next great team and how Lebron is going to beat us this year somehow or some new guy is going to kill us... and then we'll loose eventually and they'll say how our team sucks and blah blah blah...

what i'm trying to say is i don't think i have anything to worry about lol

I understand everything you guys are saying. I like that you have faith in your team.

My only question is this:

Skip Bayless hates LeBron more than any analyst out there, and you put him in a thread that talks about Cleveland love?

Also, I don't quite understand why you act as though you're not getting respect. Yes, the Magic are a title contender, and all the analysts say it's Cavs/Magic out of the East.

People respect the Magic. Being a Cavs fan, I'm on CavFanatic as well. They respect the Magic. Tons of people say this verbatim: "The only team that can beat us is the Magic." That is respect.

I wouldn't feel so bummed out about not being picked to win the East. The team with the best record and the best player is in that conference. No reason to feel down or think you go to prove people wrong. Everyone knows your team is for real, ESPN included.

Don't let the media make you think they don't know about Orlando. If it's their time, they will win, if it isn't, they won't. But you shouldn't call people idiots for thinking the Cavs will win the East.

quote:

I wouldn't feel so bummed out about not being picked to win the East. The team with the best record and the best player is in that conference. No reason to feel down or think you go to prove people wrong. Everyone knows your team is for real, ESPN included.

I don't think its the fact that people don't pick us to win it all. I think it's the REASONS they choose to not pick us.

For example: that we miss Hedo? That Dwight can't be trusted offensively? That VC sucks?

I doubt these analysts have watched more than 2 Magic games.

quote:
People respect the Magic. Being a Cavs fan, I'm on CavFanatic as well. They respect the Magic. Tons of people say this verbatim: "The only team that can beat us is the Magic." That is respect.

Look at Around the NBA board.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:

I don't need the Around the NBA board to know that there are fans that respect that the Magic.

Of course, there are going to be fans that don't worry about the Magic, and there are going to be fans that don't give 2 sh**s about the Magic. That's every fan base.

I read on the Lakers boards a while back, and they could care less about Cleveland, but it's ok, they may not make it to the WCF.

Personally, I hate the Lakers, and I hate Kobe Bryant.

quote:

quote:

LMAO after we won last night.. did u see all those fcking threads?

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:

LMAO after we won last night.. did u see all those fcking threads?

MAVS WERE ON A BACK 2 BACK DON'T WORRY WE ARE 2-0 AGAINST THE MAGIC ON BACK 2 BACKS TOO.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

You guys forget to remember that the reason they talk about the Cavs is to make ratings go through the roof on ESPN and ABC. Just like the Yankees and Red Sox. ABC uses ESPN to market the NBA since they have a contract with the NBA. They need high ratings to charge the sponsors more money for commercials.

When you think about ABC/ESPN and Lebron, and Lakers, think about Fox News and the Republican party.

So please, everyone calm down. It's all marketing.

Other way around, almost every media station (every single one not named FOX) is liberal. Always has been, always will be. The only thing Republicans have is FOX and radio. This is why the news stations set out to make conservatives look bad (like Magic can't win without Hedo), and overlook liberal's shortcomings (kind of like how ESPN does with the Cavs).

Like when the liberal media made it a priority to make Sarah Palin look bad by any means necessary, completely forgetting they just tried to nominate HILARY CLINTON.

To turn that into a sports analogy, think if Heat fans (liberals in this case) started talking about how bad of a player Jameer (Palin in this case) is. While Magic fans (conservatives) turn around and say, "Do you really have room to talk? Your starting PG is Carlos Arroyo (Hilary Clinton).

Keep in mind I'm a moderate, I don't let either media format brainwash me. I'm able to look at issues and form my own opinion (not saying you can't, I don't know you, but a lot of people can't).

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

I understand everything you guys are saying. I like that you have faith in your team.

Skip Bayless hates LeBron more than any analyst out there, and you put him in a thread that talks about Cleveland love?

Also, I don't quite understand why you act as though you're not getting respect. Yes, the Magic are a title contender, and all the analysts say it's Cavs/Magic out of the East.

Don't let the media make you think they don't know about Orlando. If it's their time, they will win, if it isn't, they won't. But you shouldn't call people idiots for thinking the Cavs will win the East.

Very well said.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

If you would have read my initial post of why the "experts" didn't pick us to win the East, you would understand why I called them idiots. They had no reason!

They just referenced that Dwight calls SVG "Stanley" (Skip Bayless), and that Turkoglu is no longer a member of the team (Parker and Rose). They all referenced that they have no reason to say this because the Magic have one of the best records after the all star break, have great wins, and appear to be playing one of the best brands of basketball in the East, but they still wouldn't pick them to beat the Cavs (which the Magic beat last year - and just recently after the All Star break).

You may want to come off as rational in your posts, but your homerism is so thinly veiled that anyone with sense can see it, and that is perfectly fine. However, calling someone a jackass on the Magic messageboard for thinking the Magic will win the Eastern conference despite what unfounded opinion experts have on ESPN is asinine, period.

Like Dwight rejecting LeBron in the lane - Don't bring that weak stuff in here.

quote:

quote:

quote:

This forum's going to be extremely boring when we actually get the respect we're due... I mean what would we talk about? Arrested Development? that show sucked...

HAHA

If we win the NBA Championship that's what we'll be facing, and I'm completely fine with that.

I'd rather be bored and a champion than talked bad about and not a champ.

True, but to be honest i think we'll be like the spurs and they'll always talk about the next great team and how Lebron is going to beat us this year somehow or some new guy is going to kill us... and then we'll loose eventually and they'll say how our team sucks and blah blah blah...

what i'm trying to say is i don't think i have anything to worry about lol

I see that being very much of a possibility.

I've actually thought of that reference frequently. If we can be like the Spurs in terms of winning NBA Championships, then I'm all for it.

quote:

Don't bring that weak stuff in here.

Apparently you have no sense then. I cheer for my team, the same as you do.

My post wasn't intended for you. It was a message to your group as a whole. Not this thread. All threads. I've seen numerous posts on here citing a quote from an analyst that says Orlando isn't as good as Cleveland.

LeBrick said it best: It's not their assumptions, but rather why they make those assumptions that is aggravating.

And no, I'm not calling you a jackass for thinking the Magic will win.

I'm GOING to call you a jackass if the Magic DON'T WIN because you said you can't wait to beat Cleveland in the playoffs, IF they make it that far. That, my friend, is why you're a jackass.

And btw, don't comment on homerism when you just blatantly showed your own.