Sign in to follow this  
Golfer4Magic

Did anyone watch the Cavs game: 45 free throws to 9

well we're done comparing andersen to dwight, dwayne wade doesn't stare and dwight and then continue posterize him. people don't play shy around verajo because he's powerful and and i'm not saying he isn't intense, but you have to admit, the dude falls over like he thinks the ref carries a yellow and red card.

we've been missing barnes and peitrus, you describe something close to what we miss when we're missing guys like that i'll give you a valid point.

i'm watching the goldens state game, they're playing with 7 guys and still out hustling, i can see why we use them as a little bit of a farm team, they get athletes there no doubt.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Never knew it was illogical to pick the team with the best record in the league to win a series. I guess I was wrong...not that I'm saying they WILL win the series.

Sometimes it's illogical. For example, last year, Cleveland had the best record. However, they lost to almost all the elite teams, while beating out everyone else.

That being the case, they were not a good team to pick to win the championship because they were bound to face the elite teams in either the conference championships or in the finals. You can be rest assured that even if they beat the Magic last year, they would have been gobbled up (and swept) by the Lakers.

I am not saying this is the case this year; I am only providing you with an example of when it can be illogical to choose the team with the best record to win it all.

Yes I agree, I'm just saying nobody should be getting flamed for picking the team with the best record winning a series.

when the refs are calling you have to be agressive,

sad thing is they may of beaten the cavs if they had of attcked more.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

If he was on the Nets he'd be shooting 12% fg, .5 ppg, a quarter of a rebound, 16 flops per game.

Just saying.

and why are there so many Cavs fans on here? Are there Magic fans on the Cavs boards? I hope not.

No, their loser mods ban anyone who mentions Magic. The only thing they remember about the ECF is "LeShot"..after that they draw a blank, and if you remind them, BANHAMMER baby

quote:
Originally posted by Mmmmhhhhmmmm:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Never knew it was illogical to pick the team with the best record in the league to win a series. I guess I was wrong...not that I'm saying they WILL win the series.

Sometimes it's illogical. For example, last year, Cleveland had the best record. However, they lost to almost all the elite teams, while beating out everyone else.

That being the case, they were not a good team to pick to win the championship because they were bound to face the elite teams in either the conference championships or in the finals. You can be rest assured that even if they beat the Magic last year, they would have been gobbled up (and swept) by the Lakers.

I am not saying this is the case this year; I am only providing you with an example of when it can be illogical to choose the team with the best record to win it all.

Yes I agree, I'm just saying nobody should be getting flamed for picking the team with the best record winning a series.

YES you SHOULD get flamed for picking the team with the best record to win the championship because, it usually doesnt work out like that. If I recall correctly.

San Antonio winning as a 3 seed a few years ago. Dallas losing to the Warriors and Matt Barnes=) hehe. Oh..umm that one series with that one team that was supposed to win the championship and kill that one team last year. So ya, if you havent learned your lesson by teams with the best record constantly losing in the playoffs your just a dummy..and...illogical

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:

I was glad to see the Cavs struggle so much, Bucks made them look pretty mediocre down the stretch.

Verajao didn't play.

Neither did Delfino.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:

I was glad to see the Cavs struggle so much, Bucks made them look pretty mediocre down the stretch.

Verajao didn't play.

I forgot he was that GREAT

Yeah, running to the front of the rim while teams keep an eye on Lebron makes that position pretty interchangeable.

"...ah, Orlando, how I hate thee, let me count the ways...

1) Orlando's fan base. Most of these "die-hards" didn't even know they had a team until last May. You see them twirling their towels around at their "white-out" games like they know something about the game of basketball. But as soon as the game's over, it's back to golf. I can't recall the exact numbers, but there's a TV rating system whereby one can deduce how many citizens are currently watching a typical NBA game on TV. NY and LA consistently have ratings of the mid to high 100,000s, meaning, of all their citizens, 100,000+ are watching the game on TV. Cleveland was 130,000, which was the biggest for small-market teams and 5th in the NBA overall. Considering how small a town Cleveland is, this reflects how much we love our Cavs. Orlando, on the other hand, had a rating of 20,000. This means that no matter how good they are, their fans are just pedestrian, at best. As soon as the Magic are bad again, you won't see ANYBODY in the stands, let alone watching at home.

2) Orlando is the most disgusting city in America after Gatlinburg, TN. The suburban sprawl of Orlando is nothing short of criminal. The metro-area of Orlando is over 2 million people, yet the city itself is only about 200,000, which means fewer people take up more space than they need. What's more, it's built on wetlands and is, hence, an environmental disaster.

3) Disney World. In 1950, there were only 50,000 people in Orlando. 50,000! Then this Disney guy builds a theme park and the place explodes. So why is Orlando there? Because of it's rich history and culture? Nope--Mickey Mouse. The entire town is a service industry.

4) Stan Van Gundy. Temper tantrum masquerading as coach.

5) Vince Carter. Cry-baby masquerading as man.

6) Dwight Howard. Baby Bulbasaur masquerading as human.

7) JJ Red****. High school coach masquerading as NBA player.

8) Despite all the terrible things about Orlando, they do have a train station and Columbus does not, so I envy them. Which makes me frustrated.

9) Nobody knows why the city is named "Orlando." Listen, Floridians, if you can't even know the history of your city, then you don't actually live in one. Instead, you live in a strip mall.

...and finally...

10) Florida + no beach = pure hell on earth"

http://www.cavfanatic.com/go/t...lando_haters%29?pg=2

smile_shardhappy.png