Sign in to follow this  
Chase

RICK'S RANT OWNS LEBRON!

It's a handshake for crying out loud. A HANDSHAKE.

Baseball teams have handshakes, why can't basketball teams have handshakes??

And in case you have forgotten, the NBA is about the fans. They want to make the most money possible out of every player they can make money off of. The fans love the handshakes, the fans love the powder tossing, the fans love the antics.

LeBron knows it's a fans game, and he has fun playing it. Do not speak immature and scream grow up when Dwight is just as immature. These guys have fun playing the game. Why degrade them for it?

Is LeBron offending you when he dances on the sidelines?

The whole Cleveland team does it, but only LeBron catches scrutiny for it?

The Cavs always talk about chemistry and family, and they are all extremely close. They love each other. They have fun with each other.

If all you have to complain about is a handshake and a dance, there's nothing to complain about.

Jordan was arrogant and ****y in his day, but people praised him for it.

The only thing I won't support that LBJ did was wear the LBJ/MVP shirt, and the "Check My Stats" shirt. Other than that, it's called having fun.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

And in case you have forgotten, the NBA is about the fans. They want to make the most money possible out of every player they can make money off of. The fans love the handshakes, the fans love the powder tossing, the fans love the antics.

LeBron knows it's a fans game, and he has fun playing it. Do not speak immature and scream grow up when Dwight is just as immature. These guys have fun playing the game. Why degrade them for it?

The Cavs always talk about chemistry and family, and they are all extremely close. They love each other. They have fun with each other.

If all you have to complain about is a handshake and a dance, there's nothing to complain about.

The only thing I won't support that LBJ did was wear the LBJ/MVP shirt, and the "Check My Stats" shirt. Other than that, it's called having fun.

well i guess you get my point about the handshakes, it's just a ****ing handshake.

and dancing during games is offensive, i don't know it's just me, if i saw dwight dancing on the sideline during the game's progress i wouldn't like it. it's their job, i want him if not paying attention then he should be resting waiting to go back in.

quote:

As for being mature... Yea.. Lebron dancing during the game against the Bull's.. summarizes it all for you.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

Free Throws... For being so great Lebron sucks at free throws.... Mind you he is the next Jordan and suppose to be better than Kobe...both average better than 80... LBJ hasnt seen 80....

Neither has Shaq, but he is the most dominant big man to ever play the game. Neither has Dwight, but Dwight is the big man in the NBA.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

Free Throws... For being so great Lebron sucks at free throws.... Mind you he is the next Jordan and suppose to be better than Kobe...both average better than 80... LBJ hasnt seen 80....

Neither has Shaq, but he is the most dominant big man to ever play the game. Neither has Dwight, but Dwight is the big man in the NBA.

that is more or less picking peas, but lebron shouldn't be compared to jordan, he's in a different class, his own class to which a guy like carmello could join if he was giving alot more strength and agility at brith, in jordan's day melo and lebron would be power forward.. the game has changed a little i guess...

i'd sooner compare jordon to kobe based on positon and ability as well as wade even, all three are/were godlike in their prime.

i'd sooner compare lebron's ability to his own, he's very good, and in his own class, but he is, at the end of the day, one man.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i'd sooner compare lebron's ability to his own, he's very good, and in his own class, but he is, at the end of the day, one man.

I will agree with this. Using FT% to compare Jordan and LeBron is a bit absurd.

Jordan didn't get the rebounds or assists like LeBron, but he got the points, and he got the rings.

Very hard to compare 2 different style players.

quote:

quote:

Jordan didn't get the rebounds or assists like LeBron, but he got the points, and he got the rings.

Jordan also did it before perimeter defense was neutered. But I also think it's a silly comparison. It's just because LeBron is the best player today, and the best players will always be compared to Jordan, fair or not.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

Jordan also did it before perimeter defense was neutered. But I also think it's a silly comparison. It's just because LeBron is the best player today, and the best players will always be compared to Jordan, fair or not.

LMAO... Just on time... :LeBron closing in on Jordan... Check ESPN

Thank You.

you think espn just builds superstars up to bring them down when the time is right? tiger woods being a pretty recent example, great athlete, but 10 years ago sportscenter would have just given me the facts. now i have to watch tmz and cnn broadcasts of how he dirty talks. disney buying espn = just as bad as i thought it would be.

I blame the media for much of my dislike regarding lebron. He is a great player-not the best in the league though. I dont think he will win any rings until he grows up a bit. I just dont see it happening, thats my opinion.

As far as his production, he is a below average shooter, average defender, relatively poor ft shooter, and tends to have his best games when Cleveland loses. Also, the domination factor lacks for me. Yeah, he can barrell his way to the basket ALMOST whenever he wants...but thats the extent of his domination. He leads the league in one category-and thats barely, by like .2ppg. All durant needs to do is throw up a huge scoring game and he passes lebron.

While Dwight has some growing up to do as well, he leads the league in 4 major categories, and none of them are close. He just dominates the game when he is on the floor...Lebron just dominates the ball. Thats why I put money on Dwight winning before Lebron, regardless of whether I am a Magic fan or not.