Sign in to follow this  
God hates Magic fans

Otis the genius

He would be doing better here but I say even if Carter turned out to absolutely sucks it is still a smart decision to let Hedo walk (even though it was really Hedo's choice), mainly because of Hedo's contract. Carter we will have only for two years and the last of which he could be used as an expiring contract. Where as Hedo would have been here 4-5 years as his career just slid down hill.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

He would be doing better here but I say even if Carter turned out to absolutely sucks it is still a smart decision to let Hedo walk (even though it was really Hedo's choice), mainly because of Hedo's contract. Carter we will have only for two years and the last of which he could be used as an expiring contract. Where as Hedo would have been here 4-5 years as his career just slid down hill.

thats basically where all of us "hedo haters" were coming from when we didn't want him resigned. If you follow the history of basketball, players peak for a couple years and then drop production significantly all the time.

Resigning hedo would have left us hamstrung with his contract for the next few years. Years he wouldn't have been able to produce anything.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

thats basically where all of us "hedo haters" were coming from when we didn't want him resigned. If you follow the history of basketball, players peak for a couple years and then drop production significantly all the time.

Resigning hedo would have left us hamstrung with his contract for the next few years. Years he wouldn't have been able to produce anything.

I loved Hedo. And if he would have been willing to stay here for 2/3 of what he was asking for then I would have cringed then grudgingly have said yes.

But the price the raptors paid was just far too much and Otis made the right move.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

I loved Hedo. And if he would have been willing to stay here for 2/3 of what he was asking for then I would have cringed then grudgingly have said yes.

But the price the raptors paid was just far too much and Otis made the right move.

i would have rather had him for a max deal for two years than even 6 million over 5. It doesn't help when years 3,4, and 5 he hurts us by being on the court.

Well I think all of you are clearly racist and I agree with your collective opinions on the subject completely.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'm sorry?

I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

and that's somehow different than usual?