Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Magic still championship worthy [link]

quote:
The Magic have moved up to second in defensive efficiency, you may have noticed.

That is to say, Orlando has given up the second-fewest points per possessions of any team in the NBA this season. Boston is tops, at 102.3 points allowed per 100 possessions, but the Magic are a strong second at 102.6 points allowed per 100 possessions.

The team is eighth in offense, if you were wondering. Which is actually quite a bit better than the team's No. 11 ranking in 2008-09. That was the season they went to the Finals, mind you.

So, through all the injuries, the supposed turmoil and the roster upheaval, here are your Magic - improved on offense, nearly as stout defensively. All the nonsense about the team needing this or falling hard without that, and they're about to enter the season's final month with just about everything sussed out. Have you noticed?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bl...orthy?urn=nba,228784

quote:
The Magic have moved up to second in defensive efficiency, you may have noticed.

That is to say, Orlando has given up the second-fewest points per possessions of any team in the NBA this season. Boston is tops, at 102.3 points allowed per 100 possessions, but the Magic are a strong second at 102.6 points allowed per 100 possessions.

The team is eighth in offense, if you were wondering. Which is actually quite a bit better than the team's No. 11 ranking in 2008-09. That was the season they went to the Finals, mind you.

So, through all the injuries, the supposed turmoil and the roster upheaval, here are your Magic - improved on offense, nearly as stout defensively. All the nonsense about the team needing this or falling hard without that, and they're about to enter the season's final month with just about everything sussed out. Have you noticed?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bl...orthy?urn=nba,228784

its a good read and stats do tell some story

but i still belive when it comes down to a series we will lift and with the extra prep time to get ready for 1 team only to concentrate on then we will be in our element.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

its a good read and stats do tell some story

but i still belive when it comes down to a series we will lift and with the extra prep time to get ready for 1 team only to concentrate on then we will be in our element.

Van Gundy likes time for preparation, we are so much better when we focus on one team

quote:
Orlando doesn't have the matchup advantage this year against Cleveland like last year.

I am so sick of this excuse, I wanna gauge my eyes out. People say that like they already beat us in a playoff series.