Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

What Gregg Popovich Said Post-Game

FTA entitled "Status quo as Magic blow out another foe -- this time, Spurs":

quote:

"I think they're built for championships," he said. "They've got everything that it takes. They've got an inside game obviously, they've got a perimeter game to go with it. The 3-point shot is very important in winning championships, the inside game is important. They have the depth that's necessary and defensively, they're leading the league in field-goal percentage defense, and if you don't play 'D', you don't win championships.

"So they've got all the elements there. It's a matter of being consistent and being focused and going out and getting it done, and I think they have the capability to do that."

We may not be earning the respect of ESPN, but we are earning the respect of other coaches it seems.

http://www.nba.com/games/20100...l?ls=gt2hp0020901010

FTA entitled "Status quo as Magic blow out another foe -- this time, Spurs":

quote:

"I think they're built for championships," he said. "They've got everything that it takes. They've got an inside game obviously, they've got a perimeter game to go with it. The 3-point shot is very important in winning championships, the inside game is important. They have the depth that's necessary and defensively, they're leading the league in field-goal percentage defense, and if you don't play 'D', you don't win championships.

"So they've got all the elements there. It's a matter of being consistent and being focused and going out and getting it done, and I think they have the capability to do that."

We may not be earning the respect of ESPN, but we are earning the respect of other coaches it seems.

http://www.nba.com/games/20100...l?ls=gt2hp0020901010

Pop is a class act. If espn / nba / other coaches .. could be sheep and follow the way he carries himself, basketball would be so much better and less biased

Wow Popovich awesome. I'm not saying this to be biased at all, but Popovich opinion >>>>>>>> Anyones when it comes to basketball. Even better then Phil Jacksons.

So ya this is cool to hear for me.

I hope the Spurs make a push they're capable of, theyve dropped a lot. And it's weird.

This an opinion that truly matters. I would appreciate this and I hope the Magic players do as well.

Meanwhile, Jon Barry bashed us all game and Byron Scott reminded us of how much we miss Hedo at halftime.

lol

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Meanwhile, Jon Barry bashed us all game and Byron Scott reminded us of how much we miss Hedo at halftime.

lol

You aren't kidding. I'm actually surprised that there isn't a Jon Barry thread yet. Usually, I scoff at the "We don't get any respect" mantra. Not with Barry. That dude may actually have it out for us. The only positive remark I heard him make about the Magic was to grudgingly comment that Carter was playing very well...and then he made sure to emphasize that he was referring to tonight only. I don't get it.

Jon Barry is a b**** plain and simple. Right before, the Lakers game, he said we missed Hedu. Then during Halftime, after Vince was killing it, he claimed to be wrong about us missing Hedo.

Now he changes his mind BACK?

Go home and die, ***hole.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

lol

You aren't kidding. I'm actually surprised that there isn't a Jon Barry thread yet. Usually, I scoff at the "We don't get any respect" mantra. Not with Barry. That dude may actually have it out for us. The only positive remark I heard him make about the Magic was to grudgingly comment that Carter was playing very well...and then he made sure to emphasize that he was referring to tonight only. I don't get it.

Jon Barry had me yelling at my TV; we were up 20.

He was like "When Dwight's offense isn't going, he tends to disappear and doesn't bring anything else - he let's it carry over to both sides of the floor." Something along those lines. That the most moronic statement I've ever heard.

quote:

He was like "When Dwight's offense isn't going, he tends to disappear and doesn't bring anything else

Yeah, Dwight's like, not the defensive player of the year or something. icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:

lol

Did he say it as "Hedu" again?