Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

"Referees Suck" Chant

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Someone suggested in the chat that we make shirts that say "DONAGHY WAS RIGHT", I think it's a pretty good idea.

As a season tix holder I've used "Hey Donaghy. You got money on this game?" as well as "Hey Ref get off your knees, Your blowing the game" almost every game. Not sure if it helps but it lets me blow off steam, instead of going out and slaughtering 10 or so stray cats.

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:
Originally posted by Arex Bawrin:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Two things. First, Cleveland pumps out extra cheering through their PA speakers. We could do that if we wanted to be dbags too. Second, how passionate do you think Cavs fans will be at the Q next year?

+1.

The refs do suck, though. It's not like we're lying. There is robot technology out there right now that could easily replace these old MFers.

@TreyTime

if we ever pump that sh!t through our speakers like Cleveland does, I might just lose it. I mean, it's not like the Q isn't loud, I am sure they have many die hard fans out there screaming every night. Do they really need that noise going through the PA? no, and that's when I lose respect

@Arex

Officiating a sport is extremely hard. For f@cks sake, they are threatened on a daily basis. I give them my respect, but d@mn sometimes they can be annoying little *******s. I would never replace a human being with a machine. Hopefully I will never see it come to that, nothing replaces a crew IMO...I couldn't give authority to something that doesn't breathe or respect the game it's calling

The age of the refs out there is something that needs to be addressed. On top of that though it really seems like Donaghy is telling the truth. I for one think he is. We need to have a congressional hearing like baseball did, but for the officials instead of steroids.

Every time I hear the "Ref You Suck!" chant I wish we could get a "Don-a-ghy!" chant going instead. I think if the NBA heard that on national TV, it would be a much bigger deal than "Ref you suck." Problem is, I don't think most of the people in the seats know who he is.

Main problem with getting rid of the older refs: the newer ones are complete garbage and call everything.

I'll be bringing the chant with me tomorrow when the Spurs start flopping all over the court. Can't stand floppers.

We always hear about "superstar" calls. Well, we HAVE a "superstar", where are HIS calls?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Main problem with getting rid of the older refs: the newer ones are complete garbage and call everything.

id rather have everything called and the players make the required adjustments than the old washed lot that are currently hurting the game.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

id rather have everything called and the players make the required adjustments than the old washed lot that are currently hurting the game.

yeah, a game with Howard getting called for every moving screen he set would be great...

younger refs don't let guys play physical and call everything, even if it's those stupid tick-tack fouls. Older refs let guys get more aggressive and are able to keep the game in a balanced rhythm (****, even with make-up calls). They also are much better at calling flops/no flops. Younger refs? get real. See: replacement refs and most of the refs that have given Dwight a tech this year.

If anything, add one or two more experienced refs down there.

with five refs you could have two refs on each sideline and one ref by the baseline. As the ball goes to the other side of the court one of the sideline ref goes to the baseline and the one at the baseline slides to the sideline and so on.

Oh, that and review more calls... especially last second calls (such as the Heat game... right now you can't go back to a play like that)

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

yeah, a game with Howard getting called for every moving screen he set would be great...

younger refs don't let guys play physical and call everything, even if it's those stupid tick-tack fouls. Older refs let guys get more aggressive and are able to keep the game in a balanced rhythm (****, even with make-up calls). They also are much better at calling flops/no flops. Younger refs? get real. See: replacement refs and most of the refs that have given Dwight a tech this year.

well the adjustment would be is that who ever is using dwights moving screens would have to wait a half a second till dwight is set.

the screen in the nba is so 50/50 you dont know when they are going to call it. and weather we like it or not younger refs will have to come in at some stage its just a matter of when.

im really over the fixed games and egos that the old guys have there is pro's and con's for both sides.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

to be honest, i think we have the worst fans out of all the good teams in the league. We arnt very loud for one,

Actually, Amway is one of the loudest places I have ever been. Last year, for example, during the ECF...it was ridiculously loud. I couldn't hear my wife, who was yelling in my ear.

I can't remember if I heard it, or read it...but they filter out the noise for the TV broadcast...something about it being too loud. Anyone else hear/read that anywhere? It makes sense, because I always wondered why the intensity doesn't reach the TV audience.

My favorite is the "bull****" chant. I started one last year, during the ECF, when Howard was called for a technical (for pumping his fist after dunking, while wearing Flopajao). It was awesome...I couldn't believe it caught on...

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

The NBA wants Charlotte do better than Orlando now that MJ will own the team. THAT IS A FACT!

MJ for most MVOWNER?

I love it, makes me crack up every time I hear it.

Also, I don't see how people are calling the Amway Arena crowd quite, we are probably one of the loudest crowds out there.