Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Is America really that Stupid?

quote:
but nobody could get as far as her in life without being extremely smart.
I think you need a reality check about our education system. The smartest people aren't exactly 'the most accomplished' necessarily.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
You can criticize Palin but she had been a governor and a mayor, and quit successful at that.

lol

Quite hilarious.

Oh yeah, I forgot she received foreign policy experience from being able to "see" Russia.

quote:
That is executive experience which Obama didn't have and she was just the VP candidate.

Please define to me what "executive experience" is.

Are you that dense that you don't know what executive experience is?

It's experience you gather WHILE BEING AN EXECUTIVE. Something Obama DID NOT NOR EVER HAVE.

Now, whether that means anything to a voter is different, but you can't deny that Palin had more executive experience than anyone in that entire campaign.

And Joe Biden is probably the dumbest VP that ever set foot in the White House. This guy makes Dan Quayle look like a regular Armando Einstein.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

She may have said some stupid stuff during the campaign but nobody could get as far as her in life without being extremely smart. You can't become a VP candidate at just 44 years of age if you aren't very intelligent and don't have accomplishments.

You do realize that the reason why the Tina Fey skit was so funny was because she said word for word what Sarah Palin said in various interviews, right? I hope that didn't go over your head.

And yes, she did say the thing about Russia and Alaska in context with her "foreign polic" experience:

The reason I asked you about executive experience is because its a fake comparison. Her "executive experience" does not qualify her over Obama.

I really suggest you do alot more reading about her record, as I have done, before you make a decision about whether she is more qualified.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

executive experience is pretty relative if you ask me. i don't know much about alaska but it's not exactly a state you hear a lot about.

How about Delaware? Do you hear a lot about that?

I'm just saying 'experience' has to be more than just having the title itself. specific things would be a lot more relevant. this reminds me of rudy G going all out about saying being the mayor during 9/11 meant jack ****.

quote:

I'm just saying 'experience' has to be more than just having the title itself. specific things would be a lot more relevant. this reminds me of rudy G going all out about saying being the mayor during 9/11 meant jack ****.

The role of Governor translates better to being President because they are both leadership/executive roles. Same with military commanders. Obviously this is my opinion, but a state is a micro-version of a country, and the Governor is basically the President of that state, whereas a Senator really has no power over state legislature and is basically a shill for US Tax money to be funneled back to their constituents.

Also, 50 Governors, 100 Senators, therefore, being Governor is TWICE as prestigious. It's just science.

There's a reason why (until now) we haven't had a Senator become President since Kennedy.

Despite the vague context of the thread title, I'm still astonished at how the original topic has shifted.

Seriously, this is a thread hijack Cutestory himself would be proud of.

quote:

executive experience is pretty relative if you ask me. i don't know much about alaska but it's not exactly a state you hear a lot about.

I am not saying it's not relevant. I am saying its not THE most important thing.

By their logic, Palin has more executive experience than McCain and is therefore more qualified than him to be the President of the United States.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

She may have said some stupid stuff during the campaign but nobody could get as far as her in life without being extremely smart. You can't become a VP candidate at just 44 years of age if you aren't very intelligent and don't have accomplishments.

You do realize that the reason why the Tina Fey skit was so funny was because she said word for word what Sarah Palin said in various interviews, right? I hope that didn't go over your head.

And yes, she did say the thing about Russia and Alaska in context with her "foreign polic" experience:

The reason I asked you about executive experience is because its a fake comparison. Her "executive experience" does not qualify her over Obama.

I really suggest you do alot more reading about her record, as I have done, before you make a decision about whether she is more qualified.

I have done research about her and was one of the few people who knew some about her before she was chosen to run with McCain. She is quit accomplished. You may disagree with things she has done and her policies but that doesn't take away her accomplishments.