Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Seriously though, this is beyond ridiculous. Especially for someone like Dwight, he's better off hearing his crowd support him and chant MVP (even though he was having a poor game offensively), building up confidence rather than having an arena in full silence during a tight game, only tightening his nerves even more.

How do you know this? How do you know he is better off?

One second, let me check Howard's season splits for when fans are chanting MVP.

You are the one throwing out baseless claims. I expect your findings on my desk by 5:00 PM tomorrow.

And you're not?

No, I'm not. I noted that Dwight isn't going to win the MVP, and given his free throw troubles, let's keep it simple. That is all. You are the one who claims it is good for him, without actually knowing it is.

What Do you think of chanting "our MVP" with indoor voices one game and hold up signs that say the same thing the next game? There will be a little noise but not loud, it will show some respect, and it won't be a false statement. Everybody happy?

Good, i'll call my buddy Bob Vander Weide and we'll get some signs made up and have the proper instructions posted throughout the arena.

We'll find out what works better once and for all

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

i understand chanting MVP during a freethrow is a nice gesture and to show support for dwight.

I was at the game also. The OBNOXIOUS Lakers fans started chanting MVP early in the game when Kobe was at the line. I took the chants for Dwight as being a response to the Kobe chants.

If Dwight misses free throws due to crowd noise or chants, then his concentration level is in serious doubt. Do you really believe the fans in Boston or Cleveland or L.A. are going to sit quietly while Dwight is shooting free throws in the playoffs? Will that be an excuse for him missing them? C'mon, the guy misses free throws when his mechanics are lousy. And, even if your theory is right, then the MVP chants at Amway would be good practice for him to get used to crowd noise at opposing arenas for the playoffs. I will guarantee you that Dwight's free throw % has nothing to do with the level of noise or quiet in the stands.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Seriously though, this is beyond ridiculous. Especially for someone like Dwight, he's better off hearing his crowd support him and chant MVP (even though he was having a poor game offensively), building up confidence rather than having an arena in full silence during a tight game, only tightening his nerves even more.

You are the one throwing out baseless claims. I expect your findings on my desk by 5:00 PM tomorrow.

And you're not?

No, I'm not. I noted that Dwight isn't going to win the MVP, and given his free throw troubles, let's keep it simple. That is all. You are the one who claims it is good for him, without actually knowing it is.

My argument is logically sound, yours isn't.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

Yes, giving the guy confidence and chanting MVP surely must mess with his head and make him miss the free throw...

See: Game 6 against the Cavs.

your not catching it

the part of home court advantage is having the gym quiet when you are shooting freethrows.....

show support by making a shirt or sign...

everyone would have been sick had we lost by 1 (which could have easily happened) and dwight going 4-8 from the line(i believe) while hearing mvp all 8 times up

this is quite possibly the most ridiculous topic. you're upset because the crowd was chanting mvp for it's franchise player? i thought the good part of having home court advantage was not having to travel over night and be able to rest.

obviously your not a believer in "every point counts"

I'm a believer that this is stupid.

"MVP" chants? Really?

So when Dwight makes ft's on the away court it's because of the boo's?

quote:

quote:

Yes, giving the guy confidence and chanting MVP surely must mess with his head and make him miss the free throw...

Ohhhhhhh, I didn't know the only reason Howard was 12 of 16 from the line in Game 6 was because of the MVP chants.

What do you have to say about yesterday afternoon's 3 for 8 effort?

I don't think you can say that the chants help or hurt him at the free throw line...I think it's silly to assume either.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:

quote:

Ohhhhhhh, I didn't know the only reason Howard was 12 of 16 from the line in Game 6 was because of the MVP chants.

I don't think you can say that the chants help or hurt him at the free throw line...I think it's silly to assume either.

I agree. Good thing I didn't assume anything.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And you're not?

Mr. Pancake, please explain.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:

quote:

I agree. Good thing I didn't assume anything.

Lol, my bad. Whoever assumed that is who I meant.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And you're not?

Mr. Pancake, please explain.

his argument is pretty self explanatory. not sure how you don't understand it

quote:

i understand chanting MVP during a freethrow is a nice gesture and to show support for dwight.

but the guy struggles from the free throw line as it is. He has gotten a little bit better. But while attending yesterdays game i knew it would be close and all that kept going through my head was if we lose by 1 i'm blaming the MVP chant.

Not being bitter i just thing the idea is not very smart when the guy struggles at the line as it is.

Dwight is our teams MVP. Can anyone argue that with a solid case???? No. So what is wrong with it?? Personally, I am not the superstitious type like lots of folks, so I just don't by into the "JYNXING THINGS" BS...

quote:
his argument is pretty self explanatory. not sure how you don't understand it

Ohh, I understand it. He argues the MVP chant helps Dwight. He used Game 6 of the ECF to prove it, despite yesterday's performance. Given how I disproved his theory rather effortlessly, it tells why I would like him to explain why he feels his argument is logically sound, yet mine isn't.