Sign in to follow this  
gatorbait1689

WHY?????must fans do this?

i understand chanting MVP during a freethrow is a nice gesture and to show support for dwight.

but the guy struggles from the free throw line as it is. He has gotten a little bit better. But while attending yesterdays game i knew it would be close and all that kept going through my head was if we lose by 1 i'm blaming the MVP chant.

Not being bitter i just thing the idea is not very smart when the guy struggles at the line as it is.

i understand chanting MVP during a freethrow is a nice gesture and to show support for dwight.

but the guy struggles from the free throw line as it is. He has gotten a little bit better. But while attending yesterdays game i knew it would be close and all that kept going through my head was if we lose by 1 i'm blaming the MVP chant.

Not being bitter i just thing the idea is not very smart when the guy struggles at the line as it is.

Yes, giving the guy confidence and chanting MVP surely must mess with his head and make him miss the free throw...

See: Game 6 against the Cavs.

The MVP chant is just silly. He isn't going to win it, and he doesn't deserve it this year. Instead you throw another variable into his poor free throws. Whoever starts it is an idiot.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Yes, giving the guy confidence and chanting MVP surely must mess with his head and make him miss the free throw...

your not catching it

the part of home court advantage is having the gym quiet when you are shooting freethrows.....

show support by making a shirt or sign...

everyone would have been sick had we lost by 1 (which could have easily happened) and dwight going 4-8 from the line(i believe) while hearing mvp all 8 times up

quote:

Ohhhhhhh, I didn't know the only reason Howard was 12 of 16 from the line in Game 6 was because of the MVP chants.

What do you have to say about yesterday afternoon's 3 for 8 effort?

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

quote:

your not catching it

the part of home court advantage is having the gym quiet when you are shooting freethrows.....

everyone would have been sick had we lost by 1 (which could have easily happened) and dwight going 4-8 from the line(i believe) while hearing mvp all 8 times up

this is quite possibly the most ridiculous topic. you're upset because the crowd was chanting mvp for it's franchise player? i thought the good part of having home court advantage was not having to travel over night and be able to rest.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

your not catching it

this is quite possibly the most ridiculous topic. you're upset because the crowd was chanting mvp for it's franchise player? i thought the good part of having home court advantage was not having to travel over night and be able to rest.

obviously your not a believer in "every point counts"

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

your not catching it

obviously your not a believer in "every point counts"

obviously you're just complaining for the sake of complaining. otherwise you'd realize how foolish this topic is.

quote:

Actually, most freethrow shooters prefer noise when they take them. I know J.J. once mentioned he hated the creepiness of a silent Cameron Indoor Stadium or any arena for that matter.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

The MVP chant is just silly. He isn't going to win it, and he doesn't deserve it this year. Instead you throw another variable into his poor free throws. Whoever starts it is an idiot.

ok but he is our MVP, and if im at a game better believe im going to chant MVP

i dont care if he wins it or not, Howard does alot for this team, the same for the rest

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

Ohhhhhhh, I didn't know the only reason Howard was 12 of 16 from the line in Game 6 was because of the MVP chants.

What do you have to say about yesterday afternoon's 3 for 8 effort?

The chants were obviously late.

Seriously though, this is beyond ridiculous. Especially for someone like Dwight, he's better off hearing his crowd support him and chant MVP (even though he was having a poor game offensively), building up confidence rather than having an arena in full silence during a tight game, only tightening his nerves even more.