Sign in to follow this  
livebythe3

Another article about OKC and Magic dealing next year

quote:
Originally posted by livebythe3:

I like this idea. Trade away 6.8 million TE for collison (A Big Man). Krstic a under-developed Big Man. We could also use the 2 draft picks on a pg and a Center if we got rid of Gortat. We could also trade VC on draft night to get a better draft pick. The only problem would be finding someone to take Gortat and Bass from us. Their contracts are too big to move at the moment. The article sorta doesnt make sense because we would have to be able to afford for example: Chris Bosh's 1st year contract to be able to give him a max deal. We cant do that with VC and Lewis's contract. One of them has to go. And I think VC will be the one to leave so Lewis can go to the 3 position and Bosh to the 4.

we wont be able to trade vince unless he has a a major form reverse and singlehandly wins the championship.

keep dreaming on bosh comming here we are not in the running for any of those big 3 in the free agancy unless somthing drastic happen like a sign and trade.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

Nick Collison isn't terrible, though.

IF this were to happen, I say package a couple of those picks and move up. Heck, throw in Bass or Gortat for good measure. We're not exactly a team that needs 3 or 4 draft picks, so why not trade them and get an even better player?

IMO, this would help our case for getting Wade. LeBron, not so much. Bosh, meh.

this is one of those drafts where outside of the top 3 or 4 picks there isn't much upgrade from the guys we can get in the 20's and the guys we can get at pick 10 or 12

I disagree with this.

The draft is always a lottery, shot in the dark. Sometimes you hit gold, and others you hit fools gold. There is always the good, the mediocre, and the bad in a draft. Hopefully Otis continues to make good choices, like he did with Courtney Lee.

I don't see why everyone is so hung up on John Wall... I've watched the kid play. I liked him better when he was called Derrick Rose. The hype for players coming out of college is staggering.

And Redick in the starting five, IF we had a Bosh on our team, would not kill us. When he was in the starting lineup THIS year, we were pretty good.

Quit hating.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

Nick Collison isn't terrible, though.

IF this were to happen, I say package a couple of those picks and move up. Heck, throw in Bass or Gortat for good measure. We're not exactly a team that needs 3 or 4 draft picks, so why not trade them and get an even better player?

IMO, this would help our case for getting Wade. LeBron, not so much. Bosh, meh.

this is one of those drafts where outside of the top 3 or 4 picks there isn't much upgrade from the guys we can get in the 20's and the guys we can get at pick 10 or 12

I disagree with this.

The draft is always a lottery, shot in the dark. Sometimes you hit gold, and others you hit fools gold. There is always the good, the mediocre, and the bad in a draft. Hopefully Otis continues to make good choices, like he did with Courtney Lee.

I disagree with this.

You can never tell which prospects will fulfill their potentiall but its not a shot in the dark at all.

The higher rated players usually go in the top 12 picks for a reason. There are always some surprises but you make it seem like people draft by drawing names from a hat.

quote:
Originally posted by livebythe3:

http://www.hoopdata.com/recent.aspx?aid=174

quote:
UPDATE (from Eddy): Joe Treutlein of Hoopdata thinks the Oklahoma City Thunder, a team that could potentially clear enough cap space to offer a max contract to a free agent in the off-season, might be wise to do business with the Magic. Here's why:

One team who would seem like an ideal trading partner is the Orlando Magic, who just so happen to have a 6.8million trade exception that doesn't expire until mid July. A draft night deal of [Nick] Collison or [Nenad] Krstic + the Thunders' two first round picks to Orlando for their trade exception would put the Thunder in range to sign a max player while also doing Orlando the service of likely attracting one of [Chris] Bosh, Lebron [James], or [Dwyane] Wade out of the Eastern Conference, securing their long-term place among the top of the East. This would put Orlando even deeper into the luxury tax than they already are, but they could then shop [Marcin] Gortat or [brandon] Bass to another team under the cap to make up that money.

Incredible theory that defies logic...

1. OKC is a small market team.

2. They currently have two young players rapidly developing into Max contract players.

3. In addition, they have a handful of promising young players on their rookie contract with every position potentially filled outside of Center for the next decade.

Why on earth would any GM blow up this model, add a max FA, so he will be forced to allow members of this core to walk in the future?

I think OKC would be the best fit in the league for Gortat. I imagine they would be far more interested in acquiring Gortat than shedding salary in order to add a Max FA. But, 2 1st round picks in the 20's sounds a lot better on paper than it would historically translate to roster production.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

We are gonna do a deal with OKC in the off season, but it's gonna involve Gortat and Jeff Green. The only reason this does not happen is if they incorporate Green in a trade package for Bosh.

I would love Green on this team. We already have a 1st rounder and really don't need to load the roster with rookies by picking up two more.

For me, Green is the only reason I would consider dealing with OKC.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

We are gonna do a deal with OKC in the off season, but it's gonna involve Gortat and Jeff Green. The only reason this does not happen is if they incorporate Green in a trade package for Bosh.

I would love Green on this team. We already have a 1st rounder and really don't need to load the roster with rookies by picking up two more.

For me, Green is the only reason I would consider dealing with OKC.

if Otis is set on dealing for a new legit wingman this summer then the picks are going to be important.

We're talking about big picture stuff. TPE for Collison and picks. Trade Carter, bass, multiple picks for a legit sg/sf. Trade gortat for a combination of a servicable pg and a sf or pf depending if barnes comes back.

Collison can be our backup big man and is an expiring.

This keeps with our philosophy of competing for a championship every year while allowing us to be financially versatile in case our moves don't work out.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

What would we have to give up for Ryan Miller?

Who cares, We need Marty Turco. He's leading all NHL goalie's in assists. HE'S A PASS FIRST GOALIE