Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz says UF will call a press conference next week to announce Billy stays(blog)

Would this be any indication of anything? I dont know how updated or current it is... It could be today, or a wednesday from a month ago... i dont know?

quote:
University of Florida head men's basketball coach Billy Donovan announced on Wednesday that Rob Lanier has been hired to join the program as an assistant coach.

http://www.gatorzone.com/basketball/men/

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

At this point, there aren't many options that are that much better than B. Hill. The Van Gundy brothers are still in the run, and so is Carlisle.

If we sign Carlesimo or Brown, then all I have to say is:

wayne_brady.jpg

Im with you on this one!

I tend to agree with you, Barnettej. What's the point of firing Hill if you don't replace him with someone better? They should have contacted Adelman a long time ago. And what's up with Twardzik and PJ? Why does he want him, anybody know?

quote:
Originally posted by geaves:

I tend to agree with you, Barnettej. What's the point of firing Hill if you don't replace him with someone better? They should have contacted Adelman a long time ago. And what's up with Twardzik and PJ? Why does he want him, anybody know?

They were in Golden State together. Probably became friends

Okay, the Sentinel just posted an up-date on the Magic coaching situation and Billy Donovan. This time it was written by Tim Povtak and Mike Bianchi. you can click the link to read it:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-magic31...orl-sports-headlines

There's a couple of new quotes in there I think. At least Donovan going to UF is not a done deal yet although it certainly looks that way.

Here's something I don't understand. How can Denton report all this Billy Donovan stuff as a serious candidate to Orlando and Schmitz an hour later says the opposite?

It's enough to drive a man crazy!!!

I might be wrong but I thought the only thing Denton reported was that the Magic contacted Donovan. We kind of took the ball and ran with it after that. The conversation between Otis and Donovan's agent might have been a real quick "Billy is staying at Florida." and that was it.

It kind of confirms what I've always thought. Donovan can be a hall of fame college coach and I don't know why he would want to screw that up by going pro. Plus, he is pretty much a god in Gainesville.

I swear to God.. Rick Carlisle's hiring is the only thing that can save this from being a disaster.

Stan Van Gundy might make some of us squeal.. the best I could say about SVG is he might end up being a decent consolation prize. And I'm trying to be nice.

this is all because we were wasting time trying to fire bhill ever since the playoffs ended. hell, school ended before bhill got fired. that's how long it took us to fire him. now we have limited coaching options in carlisle or svg. everyone else after that is just a mirror image of bhill.

Well let's just hope for the best. I am truly dissapointed. I'd rather have SVG than anyone else left on the board. He passed on the Indiana job so I think it will be him. You don't just say no to making millions.