Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Cavaliers 1 PM EST

quote:
Originally posted by nbafan4life12:

They have a right to. Howard got away with countless elbows, they called a jump ball when Delonte got the shot up, and they called a block when Jamison was in position for a charge come on now lol. Thing is despite the bad reffering the Cavs were still in the game.

The reffing wasn't really favorable of either team, but more favorable towards LeBron and Dwight. No-calls on Dwight and phantom calls on LeBron. The NBA has to do this to keep their ratings up. If LBJ and Dwight both are out, who will watch the game other than Magic and Cavs fans? LOL.

It sucks that Jamison was part of the Howard no-call though. I would of loved to have seen him finish the game without coming out. He was hot.

quote:

What a game by both teams tonight. Magic won it tonight but man were the refs making questionable calls on both sides of the ball. Cavs still trying to learn better rotations for their team and almost came out with a victory. Only lost by 6, shot 3-18 from 3 and missed key free throws.

Add to that mediocre games offensively by Carter and Lewis AND out of this world performance by old man Shaq.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by livebythe3:

cavs fans are already blaming this game on the refs on their forums

What? The refs kept the cavs in this game. So many phantom calls for Lebron it was ridiculous.

They have a right to. Howard got away with countless elbows, they called a jump ball when Delonte got the shot up, and they called a block when Jamison was in position for a charge come on now lol. Thing is despite the bad reffering the Cavs were still in the game.

Barnes gets called for standing to close to LeBron. J-Will gets called for stripping the ball on LeBron. West gets a free pass for shoving Dwight at the end of the third.

Go somewhere else to cry if you want to blame the refs.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

ppl calling the AJ trade a failure is pretty premature..if i remember correctly they said the same thing about shaq when you guys started slow..i am sure he will be just fine for you guys..

Dude, you should have been on CavFanatic after the Bobcats game, where Jamison went 0-12. LOL. People for calling for Ferry's head, calling AJ a washup. He's a great player, and he played a great game today. Take away that 5th foul called on him in the paint, and he probably plays better. He really impressed me today.

On a side note, where was Carter and Nelson the first 40 minutes of the game?

that's the million dollar question..if you go back early in the game thread i said we need vince to contribute to win this game..thank god he finally did..the only way we can beat you guys in a series is with all of our guys contributing and playing 48 minutes a game..

No one is blaming the refs but like I said their was questionable calls on both sides of the ball.

Cavs backcourt didnt do anything but they had a lead and the game was close. I love how you guys are getting happy after this win. When you guys lose you had excuses, I guess the Cavs do too, having to incorporate a new player on their team.

quote:

Waiting for things to get interesting.

Fun game to watch. Cavs couldn't buy an outside shot but that has been the case pretty consistently in Orlando the past two seasons. Cavs' guards all struggle mightily in Orlando and if Jameer and Carter play with intensity for longer stretches of the game, I wouldn't be at all surprised to tune into a game 7 for the Eastern Conference Finals

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

that's the million dollar question..if you go back early in the game thread i said we need vince to contribute to win this game..thank god he finally did..the only way we can beat you guys in a series is with all of our guys contributing and playing 48 minutes a game..

That's our predicament. LeBron didn't have a good 4th quarter. He's expected to score 10-11 in the 4th, that seems to be the Cavs offense.

When he plays lackluster in the 4th, we need that scoring. That's where the foul call on Jamison killed us. He's that extra scorer that we needed.

But definitely, Jameer and Vince don't finish the game on fire, it's a toss up, if not Cavs win.

I wish Mo would have done somethin late in the game too, but apparently he was too worried about Twittering after the game.

quote:

The reffing wasn't really favorable of either team, but more favorable towards LeBron and Dwight. No-calls on Dwight and phantom calls on LeBron.

Wait wait wait wait just a **** second.

You mean to tell me that SUPERSTARS get preferential treatment from refs?

This has been a truly world shattering revelation for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

Waiting for things to get interesting.

Fun game to watch. Cavs couldn't buy an outside shot but that has been the case pretty consistently in Orlando the past two seasons. Cavs' guards all struggle mightily in Orlando and if Jameer and Carter play with intensity for longer stretches of the game, I wouldn't be at all surprised to tune into a game 7 for the Eastern Conference Finals

I would just laugh if the cats beat them.

quote:

No one is blaming the refs but like I said their was questionable calls on both sides of the ball.

Cavs backcourt didnt do anything but they had a lead and the game was close. I love how you guys are getting happy after this win. When you guys lose you had excuses, I guess the Cavs do too, having to incorporate a new player on their team.

And Mo' Williams is getting back into the swing of things. Excuses aren't a negative thing; their just reality. This game doesn't say very much except that both teams will be very confident when they face in the postseason and it should be a long, competitive series.