Sign in to follow this  
IronMaiden

Pietrus went from hero to zero in fans eyes pretty quick

Such a huge piece for us in the playoffs last year. Now everyone hates him. Granted he does make too many mistakes and shoot too much, but his shot has just been off. I don't remember too much about how well he played last regular season, but it seemed he really turned his game around in the playoffs. Anyone think he can be that same great bench player again this year?

Such a huge piece for us in the playoffs last year. Now everyone hates him. Granted he does make too many mistakes and shoot too much, but his shot has just been off. I don't remember too much about how well he played last regular season, but it seemed he really turned his game around in the playoffs. Anyone think he can be that same great bench player again this year?

It all started in the summer when he was caught wearing that Lebron gear in Paris or wherever he was....but seriously this guy takes a bunch of bad shots for the magic.....a bunch!

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Also, whoever said MP needs to cut his hair and that's his problem...I agree lol!

That was me.

mickaelpietrus1.png

But, from what I remember, he wasn't a factor in most of last season; but also, I don't remember him playing that much either until the playoffs rolled around.

Edit: my memory also sucks.

I don't know who it was, maybe Jareth, but someone says his shots have been huge momentum killers. Which I agree with. Last year in the playoffs he was makign them though and they were huge momentum gainers. He was so key in that Cleveland series. I feel like if he doesn't play well we can't beat them.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

He just needs to change his shot attempts, maybe some mid range jumpers.

Nah pretty sure his hair is keeping him off balance.

Case and Point:

94993c871c630084a141633.jpg

and

r2652125021.jpg

Compare this with

Pietrus.jpg

and

NBA+Finals+Game+1+Orlando+Magic+v+Los+Angeles+5CFXE1drXOMl.jpg

its because he played for Don Nelson at Golden State. Anyone who played for the Warriors in the past 6 years, has become a chucker for life. Nelly ruined everyones game for life.

he needs to stop trying to do so much, let offense come to him like he did last year and focus on being a defensive stopper.

I also think his decrease in playing time has messed with his rhythm. One of the drawbacks of having a 10 man rotation.

he can definitely still contribute. I still think athletically he's second behind Dwight on our team. One of our best finishers in transition.