Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Ha-Ha, Ice-O on Jamison & Cavs "Doesn't Scare Me"!(link)

Jamison is a good pickup for them, I don't see how he helps much on D but offensively he makes them better.

Is anyone else just a little curious as to what they will do once Shaq is in foul trouble?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Jamison is a good pickup for them, I don't see how he helps much on D but offensively he makes them better.

Is anyone else just a little curious as to what they will do once Shaq is in foul trouble?

The assumption is that they get Z back for the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

The assumption is that they get Z back for the playoffs.

Has that already come out that they are going to buy out Z?

quote:

I was watching All Bets Are Off With Bruce Drennan (a cleveland sports talk show) and they were saying it looks like Varejao will be their backup center.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I do not see Shaq holding up in a 7 game series (let alone hopefully the THIRD long tiring series) against Dwight. Then when he is tired they want to throw Varejao at Dwight??? Now c'mon that is laughable.

Dwight+Howard+Dunks+On+Anderson+Varejao.jpg

That is why I was curious about that. If Washington is buying out Z and he's going to resign that is one thing but if he's out, they don't really have a back up.

If Washington does do that, especially since they have crap for bigs, then they are complete tools for talking a good game about how they would not help the Cav's. He's an expiring deal, it serves no purpose to buy him out.

The interesting thing here is that Dallas might go after him now that Dampier is out for at least a month. It would be sweet to see him go somewhere else and Cleveland be stuck without help for Shaq against Dwight.

There's an old saying in baseball, and I think it holds true for basketball as well. Of course, there are few exceptions here and there, but here is the basic rule:

If you have to make a trade at the trade deadline, you were never really a contender in the first place.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I think buying him out saves them around 22 million minus whatever amount they buy him out for.

Are they still in the Lux tax even after moving Caron, Brendan and Antwan?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I think buying him out saves them around 22 million minus whatever amount they buy him out for.

Are they still in the Lux tax even after moving Caron, Brendan and Antwan?

Yeah, by like 400k I think