Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Ha-Ha, Ice-O on Jamison & Cavs "Doesn't Scare Me"!(link)

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

dammit lewis dont pull a mo williams on us.

Lewis has the playoff pedigree to back this up. Mo not so much.....

I'm well aware with Butler's performance with the Mavs, however, he is still getting 15 shots a game.

Jamison, as it stands, is taking 17 shots a game. With the Cavs, he will probably get 12 shots a game.

Thing about it is, Jamison is a proven veteran. He wants to win, and he fits into the Cavs system. The only way this doesn't work is if there is a chemistry issue.

Jamison doesn't need the ball in his hands on this team, and he understands that. The only 3 people that NEED to touch the ball are Mo, Bron, and Shaq. The majority of Jamison's points will be junk points, such as a drive to the basket and a kick out. They won't run many plays at all for him, so the offense won't change any.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

dammit lewis dont pull a mo williams on us.

He didn't GUARANTEE a win. He simply said he wasn't intimidated by them signing Jamison. Not even close to the same thing.

ACF, I think you are more confident in the Cavs than the team is itself. Orlando easily handled Cleveland in the playoffs last year and Cleveland knows that Orlando can still cause them fits. Are they scared of Orlando? You bet. The regular season means very little. Right? Has Orlando played well this year? Admittedly, not really.

As to specifics, I factually disagree with some of your assessments about the match-up: Shaq alone can handle Dwight over a full series? Really? Shaq is far from dominant these days and will not play more than 25 minutes a game. Moon can cover Lewis? Really? Based on what? Moon is small and an end of the bench guy. Lee was the lock-down defender against the Cavs (and LJ) last year? Really? No, not really, that was two guys: Dwight and MP.

Yes, the Cavs have a great team but your regular season argument means little. Let's see how AJ works out and if Orlando can finally mesh before declaring an ECC.