hotsauce2525

Looks like Cleveland got Jamison (Link)

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Obviously, I'm a Cleveland fan, but I'm not here to trash talk or say anything rude or disrespectful about your team. I am, however, here to tell you the truth.

The Cavs are not worried about Orlando, that is not why they made this deal. They made this deal to attempt to keep LeBron beyond next year. Obviously, Amare would have been a more ideal move to secure LeBron resigning, but that wasn't the case, as you all are well aware.

Just so you all know, the Cavs have plain and simple handled the Magic this year, so why would they want to improve their lineup for the Magic?

Shaq was the missing piece from the ECF last year, forcing Cleveland to constantly double team Dwight and leave a 3pt shooter wide open.

Anyways, this trade solidifies Cleveland as the favorite to come out of the East, even though they were already the favorite. They are now the deepest team in the league, and they have a great core group to work with, combined with young, energetic players, as well as experienced veterans that want to win a championship.

Now, you guys know as well as I do, the Magic downgraded tremendously from last year after giving up Turkoglu and Lee for a washed up Vince Carter. Although he has the potential to go for 30 on a given night, he cant lock down like Lee, and he can't facilitate like Turk.

Once again, not trash talking, and not being disrespectful, but if your GM doesn't make a move, and Cleveland gels, it will get severely ugly in the playoffs.

Having said that, good luck to your team the rest of the season, at least until they play Cleveland...lol

So, they get an old PF with a large contract that will impede them to land anyone worthwhile for probably around 2 years? That will make LeBron want to stay?

GM of the year, please.

Jamison has been getting better every year, and he has a couple years left on his deal. They had no cap space anyways, as the Z expiring wouldn't have helped them out, and they made something out of nothing. They still have Wally for a sign and trade if they choose to use it. They have a promising JJ Hickson to throw in to any trade if they really wanted to.

This is the best move by far for the Cavs.

PS: Sources say that McGrady will go to the Bulls.

You can't possibly be serious to say a poor defender who's only getting older is... getting better every year... no, you're not serious.

Last 5 years for Jamison:

05-06 20.5 pts 9.3 rbs

06-07 19.8 pts 8.0 rbs

07-08 21.4 pts 10.2 rbs

08-09 22.2 pts 8.9 rbs

09-10 20.5 pts 8.8 rbs

You tell me that he's "getting older"....Nash is 36 and he's the best Point Guard in the NBA..

And to be honest, I could care less about defense at this point.

However, Cleveland is a defensive oriented team...Mo bought in, and Antawn will buy in.

As I said before, you shouldn't be worried about the Cavs, you should be worried about your GM.

As far as New York getting LeBron: Yes, it's a possibility, but I don't see LeBron playing somewhere where he cannot win, although any team that he's on that isn't terrible is a 50 win team in the East. I think he will stay with the Cavs, at least I hope he will.

quote:

05-06 20.5 pts 9.3 rbs

06-07 19.8 pts 8.0 rbs

07-08 21.4 pts 10.2 rbs

08-09 22.2 pts 8.9 rbs

09-10 20.5 pts 8.8 rbs

You tell me that he's "getting older"....Nash is 36 and he's the best Point Guard in the NBA..

However, Cleveland is a defensive oriented team...Mo bought in, and Antawn will buy in.

As I said before, you shouldn't be worried about the Cavs, you should be worried about your GM.

As far as New York getting LeBron: Yes, it's a possibility, but I don't see LeBron playing somewhere where he cannot win, although any team that he's on that isn't terrible is a 50 win team in the East. I think he will stay with the Cavs, at least I hope he will.

we were talking bout Tmac?

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

05-06 20.5 pts 9.3 rbs

06-07 19.8 pts 8.0 rbs

07-08 21.4 pts 10.2 rbs

08-09 22.2 pts 8.9 rbs

09-10 20.5 pts 8.8 rbs

we were talking bout Tmac?

I was responding to the Pancakes guys post.

My apologies, I should of quoted it, just didn't want to take up a whole page...lol

Stock,

To say Jamison has an ego is the most absurd post I've read in a while. He's a team player that doesn't complain and doesn't care what his stats look like. He's 33 years old, meaning he's been around for a while, and he just wants to win. He's where he is for the same reason Shaq is where he is. To win a ring for the King, and perhaps himself as well....lol..

I harbor no illusions, like some of the other posters on here... this trade for the Cavs makes them odds on favorites, hand's down, to win it all this year.

I'm not a homer, I see what they have, and it scares the crap out of me.

Name me one player on our team that EVER defends Jamison well...?

We had a magical spark last year. That's all but fizzled out, and unless Dwight manages to destroy TOP centers the way he does with lesser bigs, then we're in for a world of hurt against the Lebrons.

Don't get me twisted though, I think we have a puncher's chance, of course... but that's about it.

Real talk.

And this sucks...

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

I harbor no illusions, like some of the other posters on here... this trade for the Cavs makes them odds on favorites, hand's down, to win it all this year.

I'm not a homer, I see what they have, and it scares the crap out of me.

Name me one player on our team that EVER defends Jamison well...?

We had a magical spark last year. That's all but fizzled out, and unless Dwight manages to destroy TOP centers the way he does with lesser bigs, then we're in for a world of hurt against the Lebrons.

Don't get me twisted though, I think we have a puncher's chance, of course... but that's about it.

Real talk.

And this sucks...

Kudos to you on that post. Last year was simply Dwight against Z, and we all know that realistically that is a matchup nightmare for Z.

Shaq isn't Ilgauskas. He's bigger and stronger than Howard, forcing Howard to get into foul trouble by fighting for post position.

Orlando is very good, don't get me wrong, and had they not traded for Turkoglu, they would be up near the best record in the league.

quote:

Stock,

To say Jamison has an ego is the most absurd post I've read in a while. He's a team player that doesn't complain and doesn't care what his stats look like. He's 33 years old, meaning he's been around for a while, and he just wants to win. He's where he is for the same reason Shaq is where he is. To win a ring for the King, and perhaps himself as well....lol..

We

quote:

Stock,

Totally agree with you.... As a life long Magic fan I can honestly say that the Cavs will march to the finals this year. The addition of Jamison without giving up any young talent definately makes your ball club the team to beat. If Powe can come back and give anything at all you guys will kick *** from here on out....