Sign in to follow this  
BliV

Cavs Make Deal For Jamison

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Thank God he is not going to Cleveland for AJ icon_smile.gif

Huh? lol

I think he meant Anthony Johnson from the Magic.

I see the confusion now hahahaha

It's not looking good, and if Z decides to waits 30 days after buyout, don;t take other offers, go back to Cavs, well it will start to look veeeery bad.

I hope Otis won't force any trade just to make one with big risk. It may be better to even let go title run this year, wait to off season. Z will probably end career, Shaq with 38 years age expiring, I wonder what they will do with him, Jamis not gettig younger too at 34.

Magic have some trade chips to use in off season or before next season deadline (Gortat, Bass, expiring VC, Hedo TPE to use in off season)

shaqdiesel-lebron duet: "hey d-wight, tell me how my *** tastes!"

the east race is finally over...go ahead and engrave Cleveland Cavaliers on the Conference Championship Trophy and why not the NBA Championship trophy just for kicks

Z will return to Cleveland...that is the only place he knows and only place he wants to play

quote:
Originally posted by dwighthowardtoCtown2010:

Classy.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions quite yet if I were you. The Cavs were expected to be the favorites to win it all last season and it didn't work out for them. Even if the Cavs do beat the Magic, which I like your chances, they still will probably have to contend with the Lakers and victory against them is anything but assured.

I have no idea why I bothered typing out a reasonable response to a internet troll. I need a hobby or something.

for those of you saying the Match up problem is gone, you don't think the Magic can still win without the mismatch at the PF position against the CAVS? They still have the advantage down in the paint can't they just use that, shoot less threes and play better defense?

quote:
Originally posted by just me:

for those of you saying the Match up problem is gone, you don't think the Magic can still win without the mismatch at the PF position against the CAVS? They still have the advantage down in the paint can't they just use that, shoot less threes and play better defense?

Dwight does have a slight advantage but not a significant one. The one thing that Shaq still does very well is defend in the post. So, for the most part, I think Shaq will play Dwight straight up. The key to the Magic winning a series against them is for Dwight to not only win that matchup, he has to utterly dominate it. I'm skeptical that he can consistently do that for 4 games. Furthermore, the combination of Lebron driving to the rim and Dwight having to guard Shaq is a recipe for Dwight to spend considerable time on the bench in foul trouble.

The matchups as I see them are: Nelson vs Williams = even

Carter vs Lebron (because yes, if Mike Brown has half a brain, he will put Lebron on Carter) = clear advantage to Lebron.

Barnes vs whoever the Cavs put on him = even

Rashard vs Jamison = slight advantage to the Cavs. If Jamison goes off against Rashard, the series could end 4-1 Cavs.

Dwight vs Shaq = slight advantage to Dwight.

That's how I see it. I would love it if I ended up wrong.

It could very well end 4-1 cavs, and then you consider the very thing that has held our team from greatness early on. Chemistry. I was listening to Magic players get asked after tonights game about what they thought regarding this trade, and Matt said "It's only 27 games, thats not a ton of time to get the chemistry right". Rashard said "They still gotta worry about the big fella'" regarding the Cavs trading for a player to offset Rashard. Both great points. Namely the chemistry issue...There definitely runs the possibility that there be a few chemistry problems...We can hope.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by dwighthowardtoCtown2010:

Classy.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions quite yet if I were you. The Cavs were expected to be the favorites to win it all last season and it didn't work out for them. Even if the Cavs do beat the Magic, which I like your chances, they still will probably have to contend with the Lakers and victory against them is anything but assured.

I have no idea why I bothered typing out a reasonable response to a internet troll. I need a hobby or something.

From everything I've read you are a very good basketball fan. Let me say one thing, I'm a Cavs fan and native Clevelander, and that troll doesn't speak for me.

Good luck the rest of the season.

quote:
Originally posted by Mmmmhhhhmmmm:

TreyTime said the Cavs would have to give up 2 out of the 3 between Williams, Varejao, and West. He is so smart. :/

Actually I said if I was the Wizards GM that is what I would ask for, who knew he was worse than Steve Kerr?

And don't say you, because you said the Cavs would get Jamison for free out of wishful thinking, that doesn't count.

We're all still waiting for you to contribute some intelligence to this board, or maybe you are just trolling.