Sign in to follow this  
Optimus Prime

If the cavs get Amare we are in trouble. Real talk.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles2006:

quote:
It didn't work in Phoenix. Everything works in the Phoenix offense. Steve Nash makes everyone's trade value sky rocket. See Channing Frye.

Phoenix had the best record in the West 2 seasons ago. Kerr comes in and wants to turn the Suns into the Spurs so they get Shaq. Suns fall all the way down to 7th seat and get knocked out in the 1st round.

Amare and Shaq worked GREAT!!!

Its not about shaq and amare working out, its about amare and lebron working out. Do you really think the cavs will care if shaq is happy if amare helps them win a championship with shaq on the bench. This trade just shows that they finally realized shaq is a 12 mpg player.

Maybe, but Shaq knows how to blow up a locker room if he's unhappy, so we'll see.

The most you will see Shaq is against that are big or have a dominant big, like LA, Boston, or us

I doubt Shaq would do so at this stage in his career. We can't deny this trade would make the Cavs alot harder to beat.

BUT... I think Otis has a wildcard up his sleeve to counter-attack. He's been too quiet.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles2006:

quote:
It didn't work in Phoenix. Everything works in the Phoenix offense. Steve Nash makes everyone's trade value sky rocket. See Channing Frye.

Phoenix had the best record in the West 2 seasons ago. Kerr comes in and wants to turn the Suns into the Spurs so they get Shaq. Suns fall all the way down to 7th seat and get knocked out in the 1st round.

Amare and Shaq worked GREAT!!!

Its not about shaq and amare working out, its about amare and lebron working out. Do you really think the cavs will care if shaq is happy if amare helps them win a championship with shaq on the bench. This trade just shows that they finally realized shaq is a 12 mpg player.

Honestly yes. When you have a personality as big as Shaq's, it can divide the locker room in half if he is not happy. Whatever deal takes place, believe that LeBron AND Shaq signed off on it.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I doubt Shaq would do so at this stage in his career. We can't deny this trade would make the Cavs alot harder to beat.

No doubt about it.

quote:

BUT... I think Otis has a wildcard up his sleeve to counter-attack. He's been too quiet.

I hope so.

quote:

Last year after we got Shaq, he immediately pulled the trigger on the Vince deal. I hope we wait all the way until the deadline to sign the deal leaving Boston and Orlando little to no time to counter, icon_cool.gif

Orlando is the team that still scares because of how hot you guys can get from long range. You have a punchers chance of winning any game no matter the defecit

quote:

He's not quiet, he's just mumbling under his breath. We all know Otis, when we all think hope is lost he pulls something out of his ***.

quote:
While Cleveland has zeroed in on Amare Stoudemire, it benefits the Suns to let the process play out until the last hours before Thursday's deadline.

Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said Saturday night that the Cavs and Suns were in serious talks about a deal that would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

But reports that the five-time All-Star Stoudemire could be headed to Cleveland have led other clubs to spice up their offers to Phoenix, according to sources.

The ball is now in Phoenix's court.

The Suns are mulling over whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract -- they'll likely waive Ilgauskas after the trade -- and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with an impact player like Stoudemire.

And the Cavaliers have to be fairly certain that Stoudemire would be willing to re-sign with them before giving up the fast-improving Hickson.

However, according to sources, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala, appears to be the Suns' top choice.

So far, the Sixers have been leery of giving up their best player for Stoudemire.

While Stoudemire has good relationships with LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal, some close to Stoudemire believe Miami -- where he lives during the summer -- is his first choice.

Miami has pursued Stoudemire hard but has no one on its roster (besides Dwyane Wade) that interests Phoenix, according to sources. That includes Michael Beasley. So it would take a three-team deal for Stoudemire to be traded to the Heat.

Of course, Cleveland can also pursue three-team deals that would sweeten the offer for Phoenix.

i would just have to wonder: Amare for JJ Hickson and Big Z??? Hickson is basically Cleveland's Courtney Lee: has potential, but not there yet. And Big Z is.....well, Big Z. Amare was Dwight before Dwight came into the league. so figuratively speaking, would it make any sense to trade Dwight for Hickson and Z???

Hmmm...

Cleveland has given Phoenix a soft deadline of Monday to commit to the trade. They obviously have talks going on with other teams for different players.

I know that a lot of sources are reporting that this is close to a done deal but I wouldn't be surprised if Danny Ferry was using the Stoudemire trade to sweeten other offers from other teams. It may just all be posturing. Who knows?

quote:
Originally posted by demondeacs13:

Hmmm...

Cleveland has given Phoenix a soft deadline of Monday to commit to the trade. They obviously have talks going on with other teams for different players.

I know that a lot of sources are reporting that this is close to a done deal but I wouldn't be surprised if Danny Ferry was using the Stoudemire trade to sweeten other offers from other teams. It may just all be posturing. Who knows?

moldy hobo knows