Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Dwight Howard

Dunk Contest

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

We need Dwade , Bron , Dwight next year.

2011 Dunk Contest Participant Wishlist:

LeBron

Wade

Dwight JR Smith

Josh Smith

Fixed. Dwight hasn't got any more dunks in his tank, I'd say

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

quote:

quote:

LeBron

Wade

Dwight JR Smith

Josh Smith

Fixed. Dwight hasn't got any more dunks in his tank, I'd say

JR Smith has already been in it and he lost. I think it would be an obligation to have Nate again

That's true, but I believe Nate lost one and then got back to compete last year. Josh Smith seemed bored in his title defense. Maybe:

LeBron

Wade

Nate

a rookie that can dunk pretty hard..

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

That's true, but I believe Nate lost one and then got back to compete last year. Josh Smith seemed bored in his title defense. Maybe:

LeBron

Wade

Nate

a rookie that can dunk pretty hard..

I just wish it meant what it did back when MJ, DR J, Spud Webb, and all thse other guys did it

I know that it's all about the money with the text messasages and bs but I think that the jury should always be Legends or Active players that could/can dunk. They know how hard it is to do some dunks, we may not have such sensible eyes for that matter.

u guys are overating lebron and wade.../ i dont think they hav that many GOOD DUNKS.. lebron is all power no finesse and Wade.. COMEON MAN.. NO...

id love to see...

JOSH SMITH

NATE

DWIGHT ( and i believe hes got MORE )..

LeBron ( but he wont win for ****).. overated SOB.

quote:
Originally posted by anish_vince:

u guys are overating lebron and wade.../ i dont think they hav that many GOOD DUNKS.. lebron is all power no finesse and Wade.. COMEON MAN.. NO...

id love to see...

JOSH SMITH

NATE

DWIGHT ( and i believe hes got MORE )..

LeBron ( but he wont win for ****).. overated SOB.

In 07 , Vince wanted wade in the contest. and wade is not overated.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

The dunk contest needs to be dropped, at some point you have to realize there aren't anymore dunks. I mean even last year was ****ing stupid Dwight coming out in like a tube and Nate jumping over superman wearing green like kryptonite? I guess if I was 12 I might think it was cool. For real the NBA all star game and the weekend sucks. The skills competition is retarded and the crap with the WNBA players is even worse. I kinda like the 3 point competition but they don't even bring good shooters, the only real shooter there was Curry.

I say forget all the other crap and have like a 3 on 3 round robin tournament on an outdoor court. Then for the All-star game make it matter like Baseball and give the winner homecourt in the finals.

For a basketball fan you sure hate everything about it. Hate the all-star, hate the magic and their moves, everything..

anyhow...People need to remember this is all for entertainment and it is not meant to be anything else but that.

The actual all-star game was great. Super entertaining, great battles and high scoring. Tons of dunks, passes, shots. It was excellent for what it is. Entertainment. I like how Kobe said this was the greatest pick up game anywhere.

Nate Robinson said in his interview that the NBA didn't let them use props. This is a big no-no. Sure the score should be based on the dunk, but the gimmicks and the props and the build up is what makes it entertaining.

If the NBA told them no props, then that was stupid. Dwight's Superman cape would never happen, sticker dunk would never happen. The cupcake/candle dunk not happening. No more jumping people, or tables or chairs, or mascots. That's stupid. We want to watch because we want to be entertained.

quote:

quote:

-LeBron

-Wade

-Dwight

-Josh Smith

-Terrence Williams

-Jason Williams & Rashard Lewis

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

The dunk contest needs to be dropped, at some point you have to realize there aren't anymore dunks. I mean even last year was ****ing stupid Dwight coming out in like a tube and Nate jumping over superman wearing green like kryptonite? I guess if I was 12 I might think it was cool. For real the NBA all star game and the weekend sucks. The skills competition is retarded and the crap with the WNBA players is even worse. I kinda like the 3 point competition but they don't even bring good shooters, the only real shooter there was Curry.

I say forget all the other crap and have like a 3 on 3 round robin tournament on an outdoor court. Then for the All-star game make it matter like Baseball and give the winner homecourt in the finals.

For a basketball fan you sure hate everything about it. Hate the all-star, hate the magic and their moves, everything..

anyhow...People need to remember this is all for entertainment and it is not meant to be anything else but that.

The actual all-star game was great. Super entertaining, great battles and high scoring. Tons of dunks, passes, shots. It was excellent for what it is. Entertainment. I like how Kobe said this was the greatest pick up game anywhere.

Nate Robinson said in his interview that the NBA didn't let them use props. This is a big no-no. Sure the score should be based on the dunk, but the gimmicks and the props and the build up is what makes it entertaining.

If the NBA told them no props, then that was stupid. Dwight's Superman cape would never happen, sticker dunk would never happen. The cupcake/candle dunk not happening. No more jumping people, or tables or chairs, or mascots. That's stupid. We want to watch because we want to be entertained.

Why would the NBA tell them not to use props? Are they trying to lose money?

quote:

quote:

quote:

-LeBron

-Wade

-Dwight

-Josh Smith

-Terrence Williams

-Jason Williams & Rashard Lewis

I agree, Jwill and shard make a nasty dunking combo