Sign in to follow this  
Walddo

Amare to Cleveland?

I find it laughable that people on the outside that don't know much about the cavs think Ferry is a bad GM. Could you expand on that Trey. What has the guy done that was a dumb move?

He messed up by signing Hughes, but only cos LeBron wanted him. what other mistakes has he made?

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

I find it laughable that people on the outside that don't know much about the cavs think Ferry is a bad GM. Could you expand on that Trey. What has the guy done that was a dumb move?

He messed up by getting Hughes, but only cos LeBron wanted him. what other mistakes has he made?

He messed up by getting Hughes, but only cos LeBron wanted him. what other mistakes has he made?

When LeBron says, "Get me help, get me another star.", Ferry turns around and gets someone who USED to be a star, it's a bad move. It's not like there wan't people out there to get.

Let me expand on that, Ferry made moves to try and beat the Magic, that's obvious. There's a guy out there who owns Dwight Howard (Sheed), there's a guy out there who Dwight Howard owns (Shaq). Which one did the Cavs get?

Matt Barnes and Trevor Ariza are available, Cavs get Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker.

He made one move that ACCIDENTLY worked, which was resigning Varejao to a big deal instead of getting someone like a Brandon Bass.

I'm just saying if I had been the Cavs GM, my summer would've looked like this:

Williams/Ariza/James/Hickson/Wallace

Gibson/West/Barnes/Bass/Ilgauskas

My team is better than the one Ferry put together, and I'm willing to bet it cost less too, but I'm tired and don't feel like looking up the salaries. I'm aware there was pieces that had to be moved like Big Ben and Pavlovic, but that could still have been done going the other way I went.

We had no cap room. Just the MLE. Ariza would have taken it all. We split it between Parker and Moon. Signed Powe to a vet min (people forget we have him)

Bass doesn't even play on your team, he wouldn't get burn here either. Barnes was a good pick-up, he ultimately chose Orlando over Cleveland. So Ferry tried but Barnes chose the nicer climate.

Sheed is washed up and doesnt even try hard anymore. I wouldnt have wanted him.

And lets not start on Howard OWNING Shaq, lets not kid ourselves there.

I would say our team is looking pretty good right now and we could actually be adding more.

I guess it is just one of those things were being from another team you dont know much about Ferry so don't value him. Just like Otis Smith, I dont know much about him and don't see anything special about him, but people from Orlando seem like they think he walks on water.

either way, I think its a 2 dog race in the east and can't wait for the playoffs. Hopefully we have an exciting matchup

Bass doesn't get playing time here because he doesn't shoot threes, look at our forum, a lot of people are pissed about it.

Sheed isn't used to coming off the bench and it's much different from being a starter. Sheed always shuts down Dwight, Shaq has to flop to stop him, big difference. I'm not saying Dwight owns "vintage" Shaq, but it's obvious Dwight owns "current" Shaq.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Bass doesn't get playing time here because he doesn't shoot threes, look at our forum, a lot of people are pissed about it.

Sheed isn't used to coming off the bench and it's much different from being a starter. Sheed always shuts down Dwight, Shaq has to flop to stop him, big difference. I'm not saying Dwight owns "vintage" Shaq, but it's obvious Dwight owns "current" Shaq.

Owns? He is averaging 15 ppg against him this year so by own do you mean Dwight is held under his season average? You have no clue do you?

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

Owns? He is averaging 15 ppg against him this year so by own do you mean Dwight is held under his season average? You have no clue do you?

Only 12 attempts and 9-12 shooting... he has been in foul trouble for most of it. And his lack of shot attempts should be mostly blamed on the team, not Howard himself.

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

We had no cap room. Just the MLE. Ariza would have taken it all. We split it between Parker and Moon. Signed Powe to a vet min (people forget we have him)

Bass doesn't even play on your team, he wouldn't get burn here either. Barnes was a good pick-up, he ultimately chose Orlando over Cleveland. So Ferry tried but Barnes chose the nicer climate.

Sheed is washed up and doesnt even try hard anymore. I wouldnt have wanted him.

And lets not start on Howard OWNING Shaq, lets not kid ourselves there.

I would say our team is looking pretty good right now and we could actually be adding more.

I guess it is just one of those things were being from another team you dont know much about Ferry so don't value him. Just like Otis Smith, I dont know much about him and don't see anything special about him, but people from Orlando seem like they think he walks on water.

either way, I think its a 2 dog race in the east and can't wait for the playoffs. Hopefully we have an exciting matchup

Ferry wanted Ariza, but he chose Houston because he felt that Lebron was not going to stay. They were after Artest too, but he chose the Lakers. Then they went after Barnes who chose Orlando. They settled for Parker and Moon.

Bass would excel on the Cavs because he can shoot the mid range really well. He can't touch the floor in Orlando because Ryan Anderson provides better offense. Plus it was reported he was struggle with the plays. Bass and Hickson have similar games. Both take the ball to the hoop real strong. Bass has the J and Hickson, so far, has not shown he can shoot the j. I saw somewhere that Hickson had not hit a j since December 23 before last Thursdays game. That's the difference between them at the moment.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

You're an idiot.