Sign in to follow this  
Walddo

Amare to Cleveland?

This is gonna be really bad. Either it's gonna implode the chemistry on the Cavs and they're gonna lose easy games. Or they're gonna shut down the rest of the NBA and dominate. I personally hope it just doesn't happen.

"The Plain Dealer is reporting the Cleveland Cavaliers are in negotiations to acquire Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire.

Citing multiple league sources, the report confirms a meeting between Cavs general manager Danny Ferry and Suns GM Steve Kerr Friday afternoon in Dallas.

According to the paper, sources indicated the Cavs and Suns have been discussing a deal involving the five-time All-Star for nearly a month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4910377

This is gonna be really bad. Either it's gonna implode the chemistry on the Cavs and they're gonna lose easy games. Or they're gonna shut down the rest of the NBA and dominate. I personally hope it just doesn't happen.

"The Plain Dealer is reporting the Cleveland Cavaliers are in negotiations to acquire Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire.

Citing multiple league sources, the report confirms a meeting between Cavs general manager Danny Ferry and Suns GM Steve Kerr Friday afternoon in Dallas.

According to the paper, sources indicated the Cavs and Suns have been discussing a deal involving the five-time All-Star for nearly a month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4910377

it would be good for the CAVS but I wonder how Lebron and Amare would work out? In PHX Amare wanted to be "THE" MAN. At least that is what reports were. Now the Cavs have one of the main people he had a problem with (Shaq) and the Cavs have Lebron James so Amare isn't going to be the MAN. So maybe he realized that winning is more important?

And here they're indicating other teams could be in the bid for amare.

"The Cavaliers have been in touch for weeks with the Phoenix Suns about a possible deal that would bring Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, but several other teams' chances of landing the five-time All-Star forward are just as good, a person close to the talks told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Saturday.

Phoenix is seeking legitimate talent in return for Stoudemire and won't trade him strictly as a means for dumping salary, the source told Broussard.

In fact, the Suns are insisting they get back a young player and a first-round pick in any deal for Stoudemire, so Cavaliers power forward J.J. Hickson would almost certainly have to be part of the deal, sources familiar with the talks told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher."

Having seen that, would it be worthwhile to give up maybe Ryan Anderson and a 1st round pick and moving shard to the 3 with Amare at the 4? I won't even throw in the part about "coming back home" spiel, since it's been tired out about Amare to the Magic. I love Ryan Anderson, and i'm not necessarily keen on changing the chemistry again...Then again that starting lineup could be an offensive powerhouse...Maybe have vince come off the bench and barnes at the 2 for defensive reasons? I dunno the starting line up between the 2 spot and 3 would get a little tricky...possible offense with vince or steady defense with barnes...

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:

Hmmm I guess I didn't see it, since it's an "Around the NBA" topic and not "Orlando Magic" topic hence I didn't post in that part of the board to see one already posted. Silly me.

I know, I guess we're that paranoid about the Cavs