Sign in to follow this  
Walddo

Amare to Cleveland?

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

This is gonna be really bad. Either it's gonna implode the chemistry on the Cavs and they're gonna lose easy games. Or they're gonna shut down the rest of the NBA and dominate. I personally hope it just doesn't happen.

"The Plain Dealer is reporting the Cleveland Cavaliers are in negotiations to acquire Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire.

Citing multiple league sources, the report confirms a meeting between Cavs general manager Danny Ferry and Suns GM Steve Kerr Friday afternoon in Dallas.

According to the paper, sources indicated the Cavs and Suns have been discussing a deal involving the five-time All-Star for nearly a month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4910377

It's an absolute Hoax,..

Hoax sounds better than calling it the unrealistic lie that it is. See this is nothing more than the ever incorrect Einstein's at ESPN and or the guru's of clueless over at Yahoo. Playing misdirection BS orchestrator and doing it for the Cavaliers to cover up the Wet Bandits water scandal ordeal,..notice they'll float fantasy fodder but has said nothing about Cleveland's factual little Watergate?

Granted with Phoenix not contending for any championship anytime soon. For the measure of coast Amare may finally get dealt this time around. But rest assure he's not going to end up in cap crushed Cleveland,..there's even baseless rumors contending the Cavaliers have a choice between Jamison or Soudemire. Which to go that far in fantasy land why not add the possibility of snaring Wade or Bosh while they're at it.

He's got established market worth far beyond anything Cleveland has to give. To move Amare would strictly be a money and or more so a cap move by Phoenix and he's only got one seismic sum left on his contract. So he's far beyond any like that one and done Allen Iverson to the Pistons cap savings swap or a ship Shaq off to Cleveland variety as a lend a loner deal,..Amare's a far different talent, youth and cost dynamic.

Unlike cap dumps Stoudemire has big time production starter minutes longevity left. So wherever he possibly lands { if he's dealt at all } Phoenix is going to make sure he's going to draw big time value in return.

It'd be a combo of Phoenix receiving a hefty expiring contract in return along with a young talent. Or an expiring contract with a worth while 1st RD lottery variety top 15 draft pick included. The Cavaliers aren't in that class and even with a 3rd team involved. I don't see any team that has such a lottery pick standing to give it up to play bag man for Cleveland to land a killer card.

It's pure fantasy and if such a 3rd wheel team with a lottery is dumb enough to fork over their value pick for nothing. That would be a team clearly non formally announcing they're on the verge of absolutely folding and closing up shop completely.

Here's the more realistic possibilities,..

If Amare is moved I see the Spurs, Bulls, Heat or even the Pacers as a possible trade suitor,..

For the Spurs it'd be to pair him with Tim Duncan. In that scenario the Spurs have a young inexpensive DeJuan Blair to offer and the expiring's of a Manu Ginobili and a either a Matt Bonner or Micheal Finely to deal,..don't count it out because that's no one sided steal.

Looking at Miami who'd clearly part with Jermaine O'neal's expiring $22 Million dollar windfall to pickup Amare. Would allow Phoenix to move Amare's money along with Jarron Collins and pick up a lower pick and possibly a Daequan Cook or Mario Chalmers and some cash to boot,..Pairing Wade, Mr. Beasley and remaining cast with Stoudemire. Could immediately allow Wade to upset the entire championship picture for everybody else.

Then there's the Bulls willing to move Tyrus Thomas and having a Brad Miller $12 Mill + expiring contract and loads of expiring filler like the Jerome James $6 Mill mistake,..having Rose and pairing Noah with Stoudemire and Deng is a Bulls bonanza. Where recouping all the floor running fit talent in Thomas and whooping financial savings Phoenix could land would be something to look at.

There's also the Pacers that would love to move Troy Murphy or Mike Dunleavey and expiring filler along with their upcoming pick. The pacers have loads of promise with Granger and Hibbert continuing to develop and can actually win with adding an Amare Stoudemire. It's a saving and talent swap for Phoenix and Indiana will likely miss the playoffs and be in the running for landing a pick of considerable value,..not so likely but far more likely that Cleveland landing him via the pipe dream route.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

Cavs would not get him for free. They would have to give up several good players to make the cap space something like this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yh2y7zb

I do not see that happening. Cavs would be stupid to change their team because they are already dominating the league.

Well they got Sczerbiak that they can still S&T, so take Varejao out and place Wally there at that salary.

Cleveland Homer Chris Broussard of ESPN is saying the deal is nearing completion.

quote:

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big men.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

Z, Hickson to Suns

Hickson is definitely talent. Z and wally(if included) are solely for cap relief.

There are Cleveland fans that are actually upset with this trade if it goes down because we would be losing Hickson. The kid has all the potential in the world, and just turned only 21.

Broussard is reporting other teams have upped the ante on offers, so now Suns are listening to those. He says that they are waiting for Philly to offer Iggy. If they do, Amare will be in Philly and Iggy in Phoenix.

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

Hickson is definitely talent. Z and wally(if included) are solely for cap relief.

There are Cleveland fans that are actually upset with this trade if it goes down because we would be losing Hickson. The kid has all the potential in the world, and just turned only 21.

I would love to meet them, cause he isn't as special as he is made out to be. He will never be in Amare's area code in terms of on the court production.

I am not just saying this because of the possible trade either. I have never thought he has the potential people say he has. There are some players that you can tell just don't get "it". Hickson is one of them, IMO.

I really hope we trade him while his stock is high.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

I would love to meet them, cause he isn't as special as he is made out to be. He will never be in Amare's area code in terms of on the court production.

I am not just saying this because of the possible trade either. I have never thought he has the potential people say he has. There are some players that you can tell just don't get "it". Hickson is one of them, IMO.

I really hope we trade him while his stock is high.

I didnt say they were smart people icon_wink.gif

But honestly, the kid has amazing potential. I am sorry you cannot see that. Why do you think everyone we talk to about trades say they have to get him back in the deal? The same reason LeBron had him by his side all summer training with him. JJ's biggest hurdles are his hands(he drops a lot of passes) and confidence. You dont throw him out there for anyone, but should definitely not hold up a trade for Iggy or STAT

Part of me says it's possible, part of me says it isn't.

The part of me that does: Steve Kerr might be the one GM worse than Danny Ferry.

The part of me that doesn't: The only reporter saying it's happening is Broussard, a Cavs fan.