Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

totally OT: but, worst "news" ever.

quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

Stern's people will have had a hand in this trade If this does down. Hence, why these trades never happen for us.

East Coast version of the Gasol trade.

Bogus trade, if it happens. Butler and Tawn for a straight salary dump? BS.

If this trade happens, Otis better use the TPE for someone and maybe trade Bass and or Nelson.

With this team we can barely beat Boston and will not have a chance against the Cavs. If Boston get Caron and Jamison we will probably not beat Boston either

For those of us in this thread that were hoping Otis might make a deal here's what David Aldridge of NBA.com has to say about it...

quote:

11. Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith isn't shy about making in-season trades, having made at least one in three of the last four seasons. How active do you expect Smith to be at this year's deadline, who are his biggest trade chips, and in which players (or types of players) is the most interested? (Ben Q. Rock -- Third Quarter Collapse)

DA: Well I think Otis keeps saying he's not going to do much to strengthen this group up. And I think they do want to see this group in the playoffs, so my guess is that they are not going to be as active this trade deadline as they have in the past. If you remember last year, they made that trade for Rafer Alston because Jameer Nelson was hurt and they didn't really have an athlete who could certainly play backup point guard. Well they got Jason Williams in the offseason and he's played very well for them and Jameer is healthy now, so I think they feel very good about where they are. Everybody keeps asking about Brandon Bass but it certainly feels like Bass, if his agent is being honest, is not going to make a stink until the offseason. So even if he's not playing, he's not going to complain about it. I think if they do anything, I would be surprised if they do anything other than a very minor deal. Maybe trade their twelfth guy or one of the guys who doesn't play for a pick and ease their luxury cap burden for next year. But I don't think they'll trade any of their core guys. I'd be surprised if they did. Because I know they like Ryan Anderson very much, obviously Gortat is important to them. And Bass is a guy who hasn't played and it seems like they've reached this accommodation with him.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/f...0/aldridge.bloggers/

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Otis won't make a move no matter what, and he can't either. We have no trade chips thanks to all the terrible contracts Otis enjoys to collect.

TPE!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Well look at it this way.

Boston makes a trade we def make a trade.

Thats how things work with Otis.

All Magic fans have to hope what you're saying here comes true...

The trade isn't there though. That basically locks up the Cavs getting Murphy. So now you have Amare left and we aren't getting him. He most likely goes to Miami so who can we get? Th deal isn't there and we don't have the pieces to make a splash. We have AJ's expirings and a TE which might get us a good bench player. The best deal out there for us really is T-mac for VC. T-Mac is fully capable of shooting 30% from 3 and below 40% from the field and then his contract comes off the books and we can make a play for Joe Johnson.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Otis won't make a move no matter what, and he can't either. We have no trade chips thanks to all the terrible contracts Otis enjoys to collect.

TPE!

What could the TPE land us? We are better off keeping that for the offseason and try to use it in a S&T.

All the good players available on the trade market can be had for salary relief.....we cannot offer any team salary relief because Otis has given almost everyone long term big money contracts.

Unless some team wants Anthony Johnson.....

smile_svgsad.png

there's no way this deal is happening. the celtics aren't going to take on that much salary that they'd need to in getting aj and butler. also, because the info rumored was so specific, that deal would have had to been pretty much done at the time the info was leaked.