Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Cavaliers Thursday 2/11/10 8 PM

Small question....Nelson and Carter played like trash, right? Haven't they done that most of the year? While Hickson and Varejao played lights out, Nelson and VC played pretty much like they always do.

The attempts at rationalizing a loss are pretty pathetic and sad. We were tired. They played perfect.....and so on and so forth. Why can't the Cavs just be a "better" team? Oh, I get it. Same reason why VC HAS to be a good fit.

If not, we're screwed.

Guess what....we're screwed this year. Otis is going to have to start anew. This just isn;t our year. I would liked to give last year's guys another shot but otis deemed it unable to repeat their success.

If Boston gets healthy(big question mark) we are easily the 3rd or 4th team....in the east.

No way in hell we beat LA....none.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by E-Rocker:

quote:
the game was tied w/ a few min to go..its not like you killed us..would you still have the same analysis if magic ended up winning. it was very possible..hopefully 38 year old shaq stays healthy for you..i see the cavs making the finals again but losing again.

You are right...both teams are very evenly matched. Yet, bottom line is you let your GO-TO guy get away with free agency. If you think Welcome Back Carter is your answer, then time will only tell. That is where the difference lies in my mind. We have the go to guy, you let yours get away. If you look at last years playoffs all the games were tightly contested for the most part. The difference as I saw it, was Turkey glues aggressiveness at the end of the games which in many ways matched LeBrons. Can you Magic fans honestly say you are better with Carter than Turk?

Turk is no gem, first of all. He can't and won't ever go off for 48pts, like Vince did a few nights ago. Vince is still getting comfortable and has demonstrated in the last few games he can contribute in a big way for us.

all of this is beside the fact that Rashard Lewis is really the man you should wish we got rid of. He hit the huge shots in games 1 and 3 that really decided the series.

Just to save you embarrassment in future conversations... 24 year old Dwight, just like Lebron, has not hit his ceiling. Dwight is on the fringe of having a bank shot in his offensive arsenal, just to cite a tad of evidence.

http://www.82games.com/0809/playoffs/08ORL9.HTM

Scroll down to the "clutch statistics" for Mr. Fourth Quarter (and this is during the playoffs).

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

E-Rocker....

Cavs got abnormal offensive production from Varejao and Hickson. Hickson 7ppg and Varejao 8ppg. Do you actually think that they will average 36 ppg vs the Magic?

Lebron had to play 45 minutes last night in order to get the win. Do you actually think the cavs will win with Lebron playing 45 minutes in every game?

The Cavs played a PERFECT game last night, committing only 6 TO's. The Magic back court played like trash and Howard was in foul trouble all night, playing their 5th game in 7 nights where the Cavs played 2 games that week. The Magic ran out of gas at the end and Cavs escaped with a win.

None of the above will happen in a playoff series because the world knows who is the better coach between Mike Brown and SVG. SVG will adjust to anything Mike Brown throws at him, and Mike Brown will not know how to adjust.

As for Turk the FA, would you want the Cavs to sign 30 year old Turk for 5 years @ 50mill?

Shaq was in foul trouble just as Dwight was, Verajao and Hickson didn't have abnormal offensive night, if you watch our games, they have a lot to do with our offense, especially verajao. You guys keep sayin if it was a 7 game series you'd beat us, well if it was a 7 game series, we'd be up 2-0 on you guys. Ya that was 4 games out of 5 nights, but we still played with no Mo. Your back to back was irrelevant since it was a close game.

quote:
Originally posted by Cavsfan4life:

quote:

E-Rocker....

Cavs got abnormal offensive production from Varejao and Hickson. Hickson 7ppg and Varejao 8ppg. Do you actually think that they will average 36 ppg vs the Magic?

Lebron had to play 45 minutes last night in order to get the win. Do you actually think the cavs will win with Lebron playing 45 minutes in every game?

The Cavs played a PERFECT game last night, committing only 6 TO's. The Magic back court played like trash and Howard was in foul trouble all night, playing their 5th game in 7 nights where the Cavs played 2 games that week. The Magic ran out of gas at the end and Cavs escaped with a win.

None of the above will happen in a playoff series because the world knows who is the better coach between Mike Brown and SVG. SVG will adjust to anything Mike Brown throws at him, and Mike Brown will not know how to adjust.

As for Turk the FA, would you want the Cavs to sign 30 year old Turk for 5 years @ 50mill?

Shaq was in foul trouble just as Dwight was, Verajao and Hickson didn't have abnormal offensive night, if you watch our games, they have a lot to do with our offense, especially verajao. You guys keep sayin if it was a 7 game series you'd beat us, well if it was a 7 game series, we'd be up 2-0 on you guys. Ya that was 4 games out of 5 nights, but we still played with no Mo. Your back to back was irrelevant since it was a close game.

Should you be posting on the the Cavs forums? You are rude to come here night after night only to insult the Magic fans. You are right, HIckson is an awesome player. I watched several cavs games, and he is focused and plays well each night. I guess we can assume that the Bobcats are a better team than the Cavs because they beat your team twice. It is seems like Cavs fans should actually wait until they have won it all before gloating.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:

quote:

E-Rocker....

Should you be posting on the the Cavs forums? You are rude to come here night after night only to insult the Magic fans. You are right, HIckson is an awesome player. I watched several cavs games, and he is focused and plays well each night. I guess we can assume that the Bobcats are a better team than the Cavs because they beat your team twice. It is seems like Cavs fans should actually wait until they have won it all before gloating.

All you guys do is gloat and never won it all.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

E-Rocker....

I personally have not gloated. I think that Cavs are the better team, and probably would defeat the Magic in the playoff series. Youre GM made some excellent moves that made your team better (Shaq). BTW I would not and did not go on your team's boards when your team lost to the Magic last. It is just not nice.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

E-Rocker....

I personally have not gloated. I think that Cavs are the better team, and probably would defeat the Magic in the playoff series. Youre GM made some excellent moves that made your team better (Shaq). BTW I would not and did not go on your team's boards when your team lost to the Magic last. It is just not nice.

you realise if we stop feeding the trolls they will go away.

The Magic are a great team. Seriously I apologize for coming off as a troll but Im just trying to be honest. Right now 2/13 the Cavs are better than the Magic. Regular seasons wins doesnt equal winning a series against a team. Look at the Magic in the regular season against LA. Swept them but lost in the finals. Look at the Cavs and Spurs finals. Cavs get sweep against my Spurs in the reg.season and we get them in the finals. ANything can happen. But this year the Cavs are built to match up with any team in this league. They didnt have the versatility that they had last season. Look at last nights game for example. Late in the game they moved Lebron to the 4 to defend Lewis. They couldnt do that last season because they lacked tall athletic defenders. Its gonna be ORL_CLE in the ECFs and its gonna be a great series. If the Cavs make a trade to get a 4 who can stretch the 4 they are gonna be tough to beat. Same with ORL if they could get a better passing PG or Jameer Nelson of last season.

I think you should honestly question some of your offseason acquisitions. Not to downplay them or anything but LeBron playing 45 minutes says a lot, mo williams or not. You guys are supposed to have depth. Anthony Parker doesn't do anything but shoot as does Moon. You guys just got their height and it hardly stopped us from shooting 3's. Shaq was in foul trouble because 3 of those fouls were against Dwight Howard. Leon Powe is a big question mark and I don't understand why you guys think he's some kind of savior. He was a bench player for the Celtics that didn't do anything but get lose balls. Sound familiar?

The team is essentially a clone of last year with Shaq clogging up the lane.

quote:
Ignored post by T REX posted February 12, 2010 10:52 PM

Ahhhhh.....much better. I think someone who spends most of his time on this board bashing his own team (allegedly) is the worst of the troll bunch. I mean come on....

Hang on a second, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the response:

"So just because I disagree and think the Magic won't win the finals that I'm not a fan?"

Think fast, ******-***! Orlando leads Boston 2-1 and ATL 2-0, and you think we're the FOURTH best in the EAST??

"But HAE, Boston wasn't healthy!"

CAN IT! You play the games as is. I don't remember ANY national media mentioning Jameer's absence hurting the Magic anywhere NEAR the level Boston got for Punk-KG being injured. We've had more injuries to our starting 5 than they have, and we're STILL on top of them. Teams have depth for a reason, and why we don't have just 5-man rosters.

When you try to complain about how bad Jameer and VC played, and somehow ignore the fact we STILL almost won that game, what the hell do you think is going to happen to the Cavs when VC and Meer get back on track???

You suck at trolling, and you suck at being a Magic fan. Go cheer for the Cavs. This way you'll REALLY have something to gripe about when he bolts next season.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

I think you should honestly question some of your offseason acquisitions. Not to downplay them or anything but LeBron playing 45 minutes says a lot, mo williams or not. You guys are supposed to have depth. Anthony Parker doesn't do anything but shoot as does Moon. You guys just got their height and it hardly stopped us from shooting 3's. Shaq was in foul trouble because 3 of those fouls were against Dwight Howard. Leon Powe is a big question mark and I don't understand why you guys think he's some kind of savior. He was a bench player for the Celtics that didn't do anything but get lose balls. Sound familiar?

The team is essentially a clone of last year with Shaq clogging up the lane.

We are happy with our offseason acquisitions. You should question yours. Vince Carter is obviously a downgrade from Hedo, Hedo fit in your system much better than Carter. Carter hasn't done anything for your team besides that 48 point game. Barnes isn't the shooter we all thought he would be. Bass is MIA. J Will is your best improvement which is sad. Our pick ups aren't huge stars, but they are getting the job done, they are better perimeter defenders, Parker is a good spot up shooter, and Shaq owns Dwight Howard.