Sign in to follow this  
Magics Fan from Syria

Would the NBA allow/like/want us in the Finals?

Of course not, I mean wasn't that evident in the ECF last year against Cleveland? The calls I saw made it pretty clear that the cavs could get anything they wanted against us (with the help of the refs), but we overcame that and still whooped their a**.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Lebron/Kobe will never match up to Bird/Magic because their rivalry started in college and spilled over into the NBA. The other thing that elevated that rivalry is the white vs black.

Kobe will be a role player soon and Lebron will be in his prime, barring injury of course.

The guy I could see rival Lebron would be Durant where they would have to guard each other.

Cleveland does not equal Boston, or even New York. If LeBron was on the Knicks now I would believe that the NBA would be tempted to try to arrange a LA/Knicks matchup as a Media Event. But I don't think anyone in the media cares about Cleveland. Just LeBron.

Really, how many "Cleveland" fans are there out there. And of those, how many can name more than 2 members of the team. And Cleveland's history is one of perpetual sucking. But there are LOTS of "NY" fans and "Boston" fans who will follow their teams whatever the record.

My point.... I don't think that the NBA will do anything to help Cleveland because it is in the best interest of the NBA for LeBron to compete in New York City next year, either on a resurgent Nets team or the Knicks.

More Cleveland fans than Orlando fans.

quote:
Originally posted by Cavsfan4life:

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Lebron/Kobe will never match up to Bird/Magic because their rivalry started in college and spilled over into the NBA. The other thing that elevated that rivalry is the white vs black.

Kobe will be a role player soon and Lebron will be in his prime, barring injury of course.

The guy I could see rival Lebron would be Durant where they would have to guard each other.

Cleveland does not equal Boston, or even New York. If LeBron was on the Knicks now I would believe that the NBA would be tempted to try to arrange a LA/Knicks matchup as a Media Event. But I don't think anyone in the media cares about Cleveland. Just LeBron.

Really, how many "Cleveland" fans are there out there. And of those, how many can name more than 2 members of the team. And Cleveland's history is one of perpetual sucking. But there are LOTS of "NY" fans and "Boston" fans who will follow their teams whatever the record.

My point.... I don't think that the NBA will do anything to help Cleveland because it is in the best interest of the NBA for LeBron to compete in New York City next year, either on a resurgent Nets team or the Knicks.

More Cleveland fans than Orlando fans.

you would think that...

things wont change till stern and his puppets are gone its reality and somthing thsat magic fans have to live with.

i guess the best thing for us is dwight wont play one season after making the finals for the first time and then bolt to the west coast.

Of course they want Cavs/Lakers for Kobe's team vs Lebrons team. But they dont even guard eachother so not gonna go to extremes to stop us.

LA/Boston would be the next choice. Just a classic rivalry.

then Id definently say us. I mean Dwight and VC are two of some of the most popular players in the league. So they would be mad but not devestated.

I think last year they were devastated that ORL beat out Clevland.

I mean puppets?

quote:

More Lebron fans than Orlando fans.

Fixed that for you.

And the reason this is the correct version of your statement is the fact that when Lebron leaves, the bandwagon Cleveland fans (90% of them) will leave too and bandwagon his new team.

Who gives a **** about Cleveland the city? Not Lebron fans..no sir.

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Butts:

quote:

More Lebron fans than Orlando fans.

Fixed that for you.

And the reason this is the correct version of your statement is the fact that when Lebron leaves, the bandwagon Cleveland fans (90% of them) will leave too and bandwagon his new team.

Who gives a **** about Cleveland the city? Not Lebron fans..no sir.

Lol thank you loved how you put it, there's nosuch thing as a cav fan, where ever he ends up the wagon will follow