jec

Official Vince Carter Appreciation Thread

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

What's he shooting for the year? Watch what this game does to our offense....my god, he'll shoot it everytime he touches. Sorry, but he has stunk for most of the year...one game isn't going to change much. Great game offensively....no doubt....but he has a lot to do to get the bust label off his back.

He's played very, very well over the past 4 games and got to the rim consistently in the two games before that. How many more games would it take? I'm not questioning your logic, just curious.

He was 5-17 last game and shot terrible...I saw the game....its ONE game. Maybe he can string a GROUP of games together.....like 15-20. That's just a QUARTER of a season....if he can't do that....then his career is over. Again, its one game. But a very very good one.

he was 7-13 last game

good try troll

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

What's he shooting for the year? Watch what this game does to our offense....my god, he'll shoot it everytime he touches. Sorry, but he has stunk for most of the year...one game isn't going to change much. Great game offensively....no doubt....but he has a lot to do to get the bust label off his back.

He's played very, very well over the past 4 games and got to the rim consistently in the two games before that. How many more games would it take? I'm not questioning your logic, just curious.

He was 5-17 last game and shot terrible...I saw the game....its ONE game. Maybe he can string a GROUP of games together.....like 15-20. That's just a QUARTER of a season....if he can't do that....then his career is over. Again, its one game. But a very very good one.

WT.F you were talking about? he was 7/13 last game against the boston and scored 20 pts and was the player of the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Butts:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

He was alright.

Haha

hater-thumb-314x320.jpg

i no dawg eyes cant prciate dis man he be bad a stuf.

i don't mind it cause dwight and shard both got theres to..he didn't hog the ball, and he was HEDO X 1000 when we needed him to take this game on his shoulders..

A week ago I was saying he was a cancer to the team. He played amazing tonight, and the last 5 games or so he has been pretty good in most of them. I just hope he keeps it up. The one problem though is that I still have a bad feeling that Vince might go back to his slump. He is so inconsistent, which worries me, but he was amazing tonight and the reason that we won. The one problem though I see is that, JJ got 6 minutes tonight. There is no way we have any shot at keeping him if he is getting 6 minutes. He is too good of a player to get 6 minutes. Unless we go with Both Redick or Carter in the lineup, one of them will not be here next year. Although Carter played unreal tonight, JJ is a player for the future. This is VC's last year. We can't give Redick 6 minutes, and expect him to stay next year. I really think that a VC and Redick lineup with Dwight, Rashard and Jameer would work. In all honesty, Matt Barnes is only a slight bit better of a defender then both Carter and JJ. Barnes does not bring much of an offensive game. He is a little bit better on defense then Vince and JJ but he brings absolutely no offense. The other problem is that down the stretch tonight, it was just hard watching MP in the lineup. He is a good player, but under no circumstances deserves to be in the game at the end. He commits many turnovers, takes very stupid shots, and commits many dumb fouls. He might be able to stay in front of his defender a little better then JJ or Vince but he makes some of the stupidest plays I have seen. Tonight was a nice win but Stan has to figure out what he is going to do with our SG/SF's because I promise you that if JJ gets 6 minutes per game this season, he definitely will leave and we will be stuck with VC for one year then we won't have any shooting guards. Vince has been such a fun player to watch in the NBA and I respect him tremendously, but I can't see him contributing well for more then another year, I am not even so sure that he will keep contributing positively this year. My point is that we got a huge win, and VC was amazing tonight and he deserves a lot of praise, but giving JJ 6 minutes in a game will not end up well for us.