Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Bianchi vs. firebrianhill.org

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

I do accept! Thank you solution. As soon as Mr. Bianchi accepts, I will deliver !

Open Letter Challenge has been e-mailed to mbianchi@orlandosentinel.com

Solution - make sure it also goes to all the other sportswriters at the Sentinel - one of the others maybe more likely to post it or do an article on it, where Bianchi can ignore it. Someone like me for instance, who likes to stir things up - I'd do an article on it just to piss Bianchi off if I worked with him - I'd make it fair, but it could be fun.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

In the east, some would say the eigth seed is pretty bad. Also ask yourself this: Have we improved? Barely. I would say we have actually regressed. The problem is the coaching strategy. Last year after we threw out the Princeton offence, we started winning. This year, I believe we started losing once they players were expected to know and run Hill's offense. The structure is actually hurting us.

We have regressed? We are in the 8th seed right now. We were NO seed last year. Do you think Dwight has regressed? Do you think Darko has regressed? Do you think Ariza has regressed?

What your failing to understand is that certain players development is more important to this ball club then a few wins. This is why Otis came out and said that he cares more about development really then wins right now. Sure everyone wants to go to the playoffs and I think we will but further player development critical for any chance of a ring.

Hill's offense is designed for Howard first. Yes its a structured offense and it takes time, and certain players, to perfect it but its a very credible offense once you get it down.

Everything just has to take time. Last year we missed the playoffs. This year we'll make it. Dwight has gone from 14 or so points per game to 18 this year...An all star...And in the last few weeks has been averaging 20+ and 10+. Darko has become more confident. Hes actually throwing down dunks instead of being scared and throwing up soft layups. Ariza has become a real threat of the bench defensively AND offensively.

Just takes time. I personally knew this going into this year. Some fans were talking about 50 wins and I was like "Whoa. Thats what teams with experience get." I figured 40 or so and we're not to far away from that.

You represent the 10% that don't want Brian Hill fired - you are in the minority.

Soemtimes I just love Brian Schmitz. From his BLOG (Hey Mike even Schmitz has a blog) today:

Truth is, might not be a bad idea to start Bogans at shooting guard and let him chase Ben Gordon around, then bring Hill off the bench where he can have his way with either Chris Duhon or Thabo Sefolosha.

Brian won't do that, of course, even though Turk plays better without Hill.

Also, thank you for saving me from having to answer the question of how we have regressed and how the "we needed to develop our young guys and you just want a few wins"arguement is completely invalid. Do these guys even read any of the other threads or my site before they come in here gunslinging?

MY lastest email to Bianchi - I cc Schmitz, Potvak, Whitley and Greene on all emails to Bianchi.

Do you even slightly know how much of a moron you actually are? You can

A question: who actually created firebrianhill.org?

Bianchi says it is Weston Winsor, but John Denton of Florida Today wrote:

quote:
Rockledge's John Thomas has found a new way to vent his frustration over the Magic's struggles this season, creating a Web site that calls for head coach Brian Hill to be fired. On the site, www.firebrianhill.org,

Whats the deal?

quote:
Its my site. Denton got it wrong because he assumed the person that emailed him about the site was it's creator.

This is what we are talking about... lazy journalism.

What would be the final benefit of a face off at our boards with the writers? If they would take it on, which is not to their advantage what would be the criteria of who would win or be right? This sounds too John Wayneish for me and senseless. You want to be macho, do an organized boycott and let them know ahead of time and get the community involved.

It would be great to get at least one decent basketball beat writer around here. Michael Wilbon would be great if he was willing to take a step back in his professional career. lol

Mike Bianchi and I have been exchanging emails. He understands the challenge and I am waiting for a response from my last email. I will not email the other columnists until Mike stalls or stops communicating. Mike writes that he is "intrigued by it"-seems interested.

I don't expect any more communications until tomorrow.