Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

V.C. Promise: "I'll be a new me in February"!(link)

And he delivered...

quote:

After one of the worst months of his career, Vince Carter promised his Orlando Magic teammates that he would improve in February.

He made good on that pledge during Sunday's 96-89 road win over the Boston Celtics.

Carter scored a game-high 20 points on 7-of-13 shooting. The performance contrasted sharply with a horrid January in which he made just 28.4 percent of his shots.

"It's been a long time coming," Carter said in the Magic locker room after the game. "I told the guys coming into this month. I said, 'It's a new me.' "

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...7053688.story?page=1

And he delivered...

quote:

After one of the worst months of his career, Vince Carter promised his Orlando Magic teammates that he would improve in February.

He made good on that pledge during Sunday's 96-89 road win over the Boston Celtics.

Carter scored a game-high 20 points on 7-of-13 shooting. The performance contrasted sharply with a horrid January in which he made just 28.4 percent of his shots.

"It's been a long time coming," Carter said in the Magic locker room after the game. "I told the guys coming into this month. I said, 'It's a new me.' "

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...7053688.story?page=1

Carter is looking better. I never thought he was the main problem. I'm more worried about Nelson. Will he ever regain his former effectiveness? I have doubts. Otis needs to give up his mancrush on Nelson, and find a better pointguard. I like Jason Williams, but he's too old to play many minutes.

Well it didnt hurt that we were shooting like 50% from 3 land...

Your right, if VC can stay aggressive and make his shots, then we should be alright.

But its going to be our defense that is going to determine our offense...

We stepped up our defense, rotated to the open man quickly, which chased Pierce and Allen off the 3..

And Dwight did a great job of putting his mark on the game with his blocks, running down Allen was my favorite.

quote:
Originally posted by geaves:

Carter is looking better. I never thought he was the main problem. I'm more worried about Nelson. Will he ever regain his former effectiveness? I have doubts. Otis needs to give up his mancrush on Nelson, and find a better pointguard. I like Jason Williams, but he's too old to play many minutes.

True. My wish list would be Rondo or Westbrook, would never happen, but it would be nice. Especially rondo, we would be unbeatable.

quote:

Yeah dude, have you seen that guy? He's way too short.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Yeah dude, have you seen that guy? He's way too short.

We need someone who passes first.