Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

SVG agitated by constant V.C. slump questions(link)

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

Magic lost this game in the 3rd quarter because of lack of effort from the team. Vince Carter's shot selection has nothing to do with it.

Magic fans are so disloyal and full of **** it's ridiculous. I thought nets fans were bad, they didn't complain as much when the team would lose games. They didn't always blame vince for loses either.

This forum is full of kids so ignorance and disrespect is expected.

Vince carter: 21 pts 10-10 fts vs Wizards.

Yes, we lost because our team defense was dragging out of the locker room. Butler went stupid on us.... but

There aren't many good things you can say about shooting 5-17. Many of his misses lead to fastbreak opportunities because they are forced, unbalanced shots that Howard doesn't have a chance to rebound {this is keeping our defense off balance, giving up easy points}...

You can't deny either that Vince's focus in the last 3 minutes offensively and defensively were not up to his par. We've all seen what he's capable of and that end of the game performance wasn't it.

I'm not one of those guys saying he will NEVER get there with this team though...

it's vince's fault that the TEAM put forth no effort in the 3rd, it's also vince's fault that butler hit the game winning shot on BARNES. Try to keep that on the DL, I don't think anyone else noticed.

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Butts:

quote:
Magic fans are so disloyal and full of **** it's ridiculous.

I am wondering whether I should get lessons about loyalty from a guy who switches his loyalty from team to team just because of one player.

quote:
I didn't forget, that stat is what this thread is all about and that's all the haters will bring up.

But that's the most important fact of all. Who cares if someone, say, gets 30 points but shoots 100 times? You must include shot percentage in order to evaluate someone's worth in a game.

quote:
why exactly are you a fan of this TEAM??

Again, I find it funny you're questioning long term Magic fans about their fandome, when it's quite obvious that you're a fan of only one guy on our team; and when he leaves (or gets traded), you will also leave along with him.

So spare us the bull****.

I'm a long term fan of vince carter, so what are you saying, BOY.

Alright, I won't call the kids DISLOYAL, I'll just call them BIPOLAR. How's that, BOY???

That was the first thing I wrote VC...

our team defense lost that game and Butler went stupid on us. Both bigger reasons why we lost the game.

Its very simple to argue... that if Vince shoots his very capable percentage {and went 9-17 for example}, we would not have been in those scenarios and most likely would have won the game.

quote:

our team defense lost that game and Butler went stupid on us. Both bigger reasons why we lost the game.

Its very simple to argue... that if Vince shoots his very capable percentage {and went 9-17 for example}, we would not have been in those scenarios and most likely would have won the game.

Vince didn't shoot a great % in the first quarter but then it looked as if the game would be a blowout now didn't it???? cowards will always kick a man when he's down. Blame the guy in the shooting slump.

quote:

quote:

Vince didn't shoot a great % in the first quarter but then it looked as if the game would be a blowout now didn't it???? cowards will always kick a man when he's down. Blame the guy in the shooting slump.

that had much to do with the Wizard's 8 or more TO's in the first 10 or so minutes.

you and I both know as basketball fans that this game comes down to the clutch moments. VC provided nothing for us in the last 5 minutes. In fact he looked very uncomfortable to what we both know he's capable of doing in crunch time. Had he made just one of those FG we might have been in a different situation. 1-4 shooting in the 4th is not good for a guy as talented as Carter.

quote:
I'm a long term fan of vince carter, so what are you saying, BOY.

Which compromises your judgment about him. We, on the other hand, are not Vince Carter fanboys, and therefore can be more objective in our analysis of his play.

So in that sentence alone, you essentially said "I am biased. Do not trust my opinion because I am incapable of being objective towards Vince Carter".

Thanks for the alert.

quote:
Alright, I won't call the kids DISLOYAL, I'll just call them BIPOLAR. How's that, BOY???

I don't get it; is calling me "BOY" supposed to be disrespectful in some manner?

BTW, here is the definition of bipolar:

"Having two opposite or contradictory ideas or natures"

Please enlighten me as to the nature of our "bipolarness" towards Vince.

Can't wait to hear this one.

When we went to the finals last year, our offense was efficient-and it fit around our defense.

Our defense has been above average to stellar the past 10 games or so, but, our offense is far from efficient. And a huge reason for that is Vince Carter. His usage needs to go down, plain and simple.

quote:
Originally posted by magicintheuk:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

well if stan is that tired of answering media questions on why his starting shooting guard is playing so poorly then he could bench him.

I agree, that what he should doIMO but, that then leaves it wide open for more dumb questions from so called media 'professionals'...

The Media - "So why did you feel the need to bring Vince from the bench tonight Coach?"

SVG - "Because he's c*** when I start him, what do you think? Has anyone got a real question?"

****en classic... well said i hate the media at the best of times.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Butts:

quote:

Vince carter: 21 pts 10-10 fts vs Wizards.

You forgot to mention he was 5/17.

I am not blaming Vince either; this loss was due to a poor defensive effort on the Magic's part. But it doesn't aid our cause when our main help is shooting circus shots instead of trying to win us the game.

And yes, he is our main help because SVG gave HIM the ball during one of our last shots, and he screwed it up. That was both SVG's and Vince's fault; SVG's fault for trusting in Vince for one of our last shots and Vince for proving why SVG shouldn't trust him with our last shot.

I didn't forget, that stat is what this thread is all about and that's all the haters will bring up.

If the team didn't **** up in the 3rd they would not have been in that position.

im convinced that you're carter's agent. there's really just no other explanation.

I'm convinced that you're a child from new york. why exactly are you a fan of this TEAM??

VCdaCarter, you don