Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Anybody worried about Nelson? (ESPN)

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. DaTsuN:

anyone who thinks jameer was fully recovered after returning from his knee surgery is an idiot and judging his play based on the time since being back is even more ridiculous.

then he shouldnt be playing like he's the best player on the team and dribbling around looking for his points the whole time. Really frustrating.

I agree he shouldnt be playing until he's fully recovered, but you also have to admit when jameer plays good then we're almost unbeatable. The team doesnt need a pass first pg, its not essential to winning a championship the team just has to play well together. The team plays great when jameer plays good, but since his knee isnt 100% and tends to swell up it slows him down and the team as well. Now I too am worried about jameer's health long term but he is still young and has a long way to go and we might get some good solid years out of him. Unless we can find a better PG somehow, which there are none we can afford btw, then jameer will be with us atleast until his contract is over. So deal with it, he is here to stay for a while. We just need to hope he stays healthy. As long as he's healthy then he's our best PG and one of the best in the league. All these "i'm tired of jameer, trade him" threads are totally pointless. If jameer is sucking then you everyone bit ches but when he plays great everyone praises him...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

anyone who thinks jameer was fully recovered after returning from his knee surgery is an idiot and judging his play based on the time since being back is even more ridiculous.

then he shouldnt be playing like he's the best player on the team and dribbling around looking for his points the whole time. Really frustrating.

I agree he shouldnt be playing until he's fully recovered, but you also have to admit when jameer plays good then we're almost unbeatable. The team doesnt need a pass first pg, its not essential to winning a championship the team just has to play well together. The team plays great when jameer plays good, but since his knee isnt 100% and tends to swell up it slows him down and the team as well. Now I too am worried about jameer's health long term but he is still young and has a long way to go and we might get some good solid years out of him. Unless we can find a better PG somehow, which there are none we can afford btw, then jameer will be with us atleast until his contract is over. So deal with it, he is here to stay for a while. We just need to hope he stays healthy. As long as he's healthy then he's our best PG and one of the best in the league. All these "i'm tired of jameer, trade him" threads are totally pointless. If jameer is sucking then you everyone bit ches but when he plays great everyone praises him...

He's a crazy VC fan. I really wouldn't try to talk with him.

Concerned.. Sure...

I mean right now, Nelson cant catch a break in being healthy...

But he is a PG, and most PG's get injured...

Look at Chris Paul, he is out for the season again... this will be his 2nd time...

Chauncy Billups had a rash of early injuries... in his career...

So they are going to happen...

But since im a Huge Magic fan, I want everyone to be healthy.

Hope Jameer can finally put some of these injuries behind him, so he finally play like we know he can.

What I am worried is Nelson rush into the lineup and get hurt again. We are playing great basketball without Nelson, he should be sit until he fully recovers

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

What I am worried is Nelson rush into the lineup and get hurt again. We are playing great basketball without Nelson, he should be sit until he fully recovers

I understand your point, but you might have to consider rust as a problem. Especially with so many new players. He needs as much time out there as he can get.

Jameer's injury history is scary, and gets magnified further by how well the Magic play in his absence. As much as Jammer means to the current and future success of this team, it simply can't be ignored that the Magic have played at a very high level without him in two consecutive seasons, while replacing hom with two PGs on the downside of their careers.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Jameer's injury history is scary, and gets magnified further by how well the Magic play in his absence. As much as Jammer means to the current and future success of this team, it simply can't be ignored that the Magic have played at a very high level without him in two consecutive seasons, while replacing hom with two PGs on the downside of their careers.

So, even though we had a MUCH higher record WITH Jameer last season, we still played better going 27-14? Are you serious? Had Jameer stayed healthy all of last year playing the way he was I'd see us cruising to the Finals and perhaps even winning it.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

So, even though we had a MUCH higher record WITH Jameer last season, we still played better going 27-14? Are you serious? Had Jameer stayed healthy all of last year playing the way he was I'd see us cruising to the Finals and perhaps even winning it.

Once a team establishes themselves as perrenial championship contender, regular season record doesn't matter much to me. In other words, the Magic team identity/reputation last year wasn't built upon what they accomplished before the all-star break. They are now viewed as a contender because of everything they did after that point, most notably the postseason (when the games are much more highly contested and meaningful), and they did that without Jameer.

Had Jameer stayed healthy??? Seems we may be asking ourselves that question annually.

Don't get me wronf though. I'm not questioning Jameer's importance to this team. But, it certainly has to be put into context, especially when there is very little, if no dropoff in team performance when he is replaced by Skip to My Lou and White Chocolate (5 years past their prime).