Sign in to follow this  
MagicFromHarlem

will Carter getting boo'd be his revelation as a player?

quote:
Originally posted by London Magic:

HAS ANYBODY GOT A LINK FOR LAST NIGHTS MATCH HIGHLIGHTS.....FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS???

just to let you know, the game can be downloaded on torrent.

Like what I said in my post in RealGM, VC, being the big acquisition this offseason, definitely feels a lot of pressure right now. He certainly has not lived up to the hype, but hopefully he surpasses all our expectation when it matters the most.

Fans booing him certainly isn't the way to go. Do I hate his play right now? Yes. But would I boo him? No.

VC is a part of this team, booing VC is like booing our own team.

All VC's got to say for all of you is found in my sig. icon_wink.gif

last night when the clock stoped and vc had the ball he would throw up a 30 ft shot left handed. now if his sholder is so bad why do that. i have never thought much of vc as a winner just a espn high light guy. he just does not have it anymore. last night he looked bewildered. it is getting in his head. if he was really a hard nosed player he would find a way to help but i just do not see the effort.

REgardless of how Vince in preforming, I still ouldn't want Hedo for the 5 year contract that he was wanting. It would have really stagnated the Magic's ability to move on and keep a continuous team built around Dwight.

That being said, my biggest problems with Vince are two fold. First, every time he touches the ball, it seems as if he feels the need to "do something." That is not he way the Magic offense is built. It is not an iso based offense. This really damages the team flow.

Second, Vince cannot bet ANYONE off the dribble. He drives, sure, but his defender is nearly alwasys still in perfect defensive position and this forces Vince into terrible dcisions. He either takes an wefule shot, with a degree of difficulty that is near maximum, or he turns it over.

This is further exacerbated by the fact that he cannot pass with a pick and roll. Last game (Atlanta,) I remember one series wher he drove the right side of the court with a pick and roll iwth Dwight, and Dight's man double Vince. Dwight was standing in the paint all alone with both hands raised and vince NEVER looked. He ended up trying to drive baseline throug h the double team and hit some HORSE shot from behind the backboard which ended the possession. I nearly had a cow.

That possession epitomizes what Vince has become on this team.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

First, every time he touches the ball, it seems as if he feels the need to "do something." That is not he way the Magic offense is built. It is not an iso based offense. This really damages the team flow.

YES. I believe our offense is more centered around trying to find a teammate a good look contrasting to the way VC is used to playing. We focus on getting our shooters open and going inside to Dwight. VC is used to "taking over" a game, especially with his former cast with NJ...which doesn't fit well in our offensive flow.

If anyone should be isolated, it should be Dwight..and deep in the post.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

last night when the clock stoped and vc had the ball he would throw up a 30 ft shot left handed. now if his sholder is so bad why do that. i have never thought much of vc as a winner just a espn high light guy. he just does not have it anymore. last night he looked bewildered. it is getting in his head. if he was really a hard nosed player he would find a way to help but i just do not see the effort.

he's like dominique wilkins.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

REgardless of how Vince in preforming, I still ouldn't want Hedo for the 5 year contract that he was wanting. It would have really stagnated the Magic's ability to move on and keep a continuous team built around Dwight.

That being said, my biggest problems with Vince are two fold. First, every time he touches the ball, it seems as if he feels the need to "do something." That is not he way the Magic offense is built. It is not an iso based offense. This really damages the team flow.

Second, Vince cannot bet ANYONE off the dribble. He drives, sure, but his defender is nearly alwasys still in perfect defensive position and this forces Vince into terrible dcisions. He either takes an wefule shot, with a degree of difficulty that is near maximum, or he turns it over.

This is further exacerbated by the fact that he cannot pass with a pick and roll. Last game (Atlanta,) I remember one series wher he drove the right side of the court with a pick and roll iwth Dwight, and Dight's man double Vince. Dwight was standing in the paint all alone with both hands raised and vince NEVER looked. He ended up trying to drive baseline throug h the double team and hit some HORSE shot from behind the backboard which ended the possession. I nearly had a cow.

That possession epitomizes what Vince has become on this team.

nice analysis...and i agree with most of it..

vince is doing what jameer kind of did in the post season last year after his injury..trying to do too much everytime too soon...now jameer smartened up and is playing at least 89% closer to his reg game now...but it seems vince is playing with that "i got something to prove" mentality..smh..not wise...by now he should be able to understand our teams game ethics and how we play magic ball...we don't need vince in critical game times for now...we have proven that...he needs to get back to 100% and work more on helpin other teammates postion and score...

I did my part on Friday night vs the Wizards. I made sure to boo him every-time he touched the ball late in the game. I also made sure I let the fans around me why I was doing what I was doing.

quote:
Originally posted by m!ck3y:

I did my part on Friday night vs the Wizards. I made sure to boo him every-time he touched the ball late in the game. I also made sure I let the fans around me why I was doing what I was doing.

you are a fking FA_G

quote:
Originally posted by m!ck3y:

Great job jackass, you should be ashamed booing your own team. Where do you think you are? Boston or LA?