Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Big Baby Davis Could face suspension

Boston Celtics forward Glen "Big Baby" Davis shouted an obscenity at a heckling fan during Wednesday night's loss to the Detroit Pistons at The Palace of Auburn Hills, a reaction coach Doc Rivers called "unacceptable" and said might result in a fine or suspension.

The jeering fan near the Celtics' bench repeatedly called Davis "fat boy" and told him to lose some weight. Davis' response was audible on both the Boston radio and television broadcasts of the game and prompted the fan, according to a report in the Boston Globe, to file a complaint with NBA security.

"I don't think it's a huge step backwards [in Davis' maturity], but it is a step backwards," Rivers said. "Glen Davis has to grow up."

http://sports.espn.go.com/bost...ews/story?id=4844874

Boston Celtics forward Glen "Big Baby" Davis shouted an obscenity at a heckling fan during Wednesday night's loss to the Detroit Pistons at The Palace of Auburn Hills, a reaction coach Doc Rivers called "unacceptable" and said might result in a fine or suspension.

The jeering fan near the Celtics' bench repeatedly called Davis "fat boy" and told him to lose some weight. Davis' response was audible on both the Boston radio and television broadcasts of the game and prompted the fan, according to a report in the Boston Globe, to file a complaint with NBA security.

"I don't think it's a huge step backwards [in Davis' maturity], but it is a step backwards," Rivers said. "Glen Davis has to grow up."

http://sports.espn.go.com/bost...ews/story?id=4844874

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

I'm gonna ask a mod to move this to around the NBA..

Was just about to do it.

i am going to side with davis on this altho i do know full well that he should of been the bigger man.

i personaly hate people who give it out but cant handle getting it back and if anyone is going to sit there and heckle the hell out of a player and then be told where to go then suck it up.

running to security is weak and just a load of rubbish.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

you have to ask a mod to move it?? What are you like a mini mod or something?

I was just joking around. I knew the thread would me moved, so I posted that.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

i am going to side with davis on this altho i do know full well that he should of been the bigger man.

i personaly hate people who give it out but cant handle getting it back and if anyone is going to sit there and heckle the hell out of a player and then be told where to go then suck it up.

running to security is weak and just a load of rubbish.

It was most likely their intent all along. Cause a reaction and get him in trouble.