Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

SVG: Dwight, Lew, V.C. & Jameer need to take responsibility(pg.4)

Redick for Barnes and get Jameer or Carter out really early and let them be rested with the second unit. Barnes would have to be out of the rotation all together because of a gross inability to come off the bench and Pietrus' minutes would increase and I think he'll make good use of them. Redick/Nelson and Carter/J-Will have been the best back court combinations in my opinion and this simple line-up change would be great. Really there should be no time after the 6 minute mark where our four big names are on the floor together. Redick/Carter is always very effective but our perimeter defense would take another hit still.

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

Our team wont get any better until our #1 player isn't Dwight Howard.

We made it to the Finals last season for Christ's sake. These young franchises lack older, mature fans and the fanbases suffer drastically because of idiots like you. There aren't two players in the NBA that anybody with any basketball sense in the world would swap for Howard. Having a guy lead the league in rebounds and blocked shots makes a contender out of essentially every team in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:

Oh yeah....and this team is so going to win a championship.

LOL. Yep, this team, thats been getting blown out by almost every team less than .500 is def. going to the championships.

Simple: replace Jameer with Nelson, and Lewis with Anderson.

Done and Done. Let them play in the second unit.

I'm not sure we'll improve much with your suggestion.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

quote:

LOL. Yep, this team, thats been getting blown out by almost every team less than .500 is def. going to the championships.

Haha oops! Yes, I meant replace Nelson with J-Will.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

quote:

Haha oops! Yes, I meant replace Nelson with J-Will.

I agree with your suggestions. I think both Rashard and Jameer deserve a little bench time. I think we're back to the days where the only way to motivate Jameer was to start Carlos.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

Our team wont get any better until our #1 player isn't Dwight Howard.

We made it to the Finals last season for Christ's sake. These young franchises lack older, mature fans and the fanbases suffer drastically because of idiots like you. There aren't two players in the NBA that anybody with any basketball sense in the world would swap for Howard. Having a guy lead the league in rebounds and blocked shots makes a contender out of essentially every team in the league.

Are you kidding me? Dwight Howard looks like a bumbling fool when he has the ball in his hands 99% of the time other then when he slams it through the rim.

How about LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Garnett, Duncan to name a few...all of which would actually improve our team with chemistry and leadership. Not to mention they don't have butterfinger syndrome like our supposed superstar.

barnes starting was the best call he has made this year jj in for barnes is flat out dumb

jj in for vince is the right call

along with jwill for jameer and if shard dosent pull his finger out

ryan in for shard.

Starters (Out of Blind Anger):

Jason Williams

Jonathan Redick

Matt Barnes

Ryan Anderson

Dwight Howard

Second:

Anthony Johnson

Michael Pietrus

Rashard Lewis (I'd say he plays harder out of the three starting guards)

Brandon Bass

Marcin Gortat (Sorry, can't start this guy)

Pine Trees:

Jameer Nelson

Vince Carter

Adonaly Foyle

-------------------------

Clear thought out lineup

Jason Williams

Jonathan Redick

Matt Barnes

Rashard Lewis

Dwight Howard

Jameer Nelson

Vince Carter

Micael Pietrus

Brandon Bass

Marcin Gortat

From the latest Denton story it appears that Stan has wimped out changing the rotation. Drives me crazy when he threatens to do something and doesn't follow through.

Bench Barnes, Hollinger? Never. Our SF rotation is one of the few things WORKING out there, MP's still playing solid off the bench, and Barnes The Starter v. Barnes The Bench Player are two different animals.

I'm starting to think J-Will and Vince should start. I just don't think benching Jameer AND Vince is the answer, let's not forget that these guys still have to get used to playing together.

J-Will-Vince-Barnes-Shard-Dwight, with tight leashes on Vince and Shard. SVG can use Jameer's knee as an excuse. Once "Jameer's knee starts looking better," (ie, Jameer starts PLAYING better) then maybe Jameer can start again. But Stan has a truthful excuse that can hopefully keep everyone's egos/morales in check.

I'm not mad at anyone other than Vince, Shard, Jameer, and yes, Stan Van Gundy. When multiple players are in funks, it's up to the coach to get them out of it.