Sign in to follow this  
Orl Native

Leadership is missing

Tough loss last night, but our problems seem deeper than one game. Whos the leader on this team. The last time we had a clear cut leader was last season before Jameer went out, he was doing a great job, all-star pg leadership type of job. This year we have new players and no defined leader.

Jameer-too injured to lead this season yet

Dwight-He can say he's the leader but saying it doesnt make it so. Somethings missing from his skillset to be a leader, he may never be the leader of this team.

Rashard-too softspoken,doenst play with enough intensity to lead.

Vince-to worried about pissing off Howard and Nelson? too old?

Barnes-not respected enough, too new

thats the starters, and your team leader starts.

Other contenders...

Lakers-Kobe obviously

Cavs- Lebron unfortunalty

Boston- KG, like him or not he's intense as hell and a great leader on the court

Denver- Billups, as we know, sure wish we couldve got him when available.

I dont know just seems like we are lacking that piece. Hopefully SVG and Otis can figure this out before too long.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Tough loss last night, but our problems seem deeper than one game. Whos the leader on this team. The last time we had a clear cut leader was last season before Jameer went out, he was doing a great job, all-star pg leadership type of job. This year we have new players and no defined leader.

Jameer-too injured to lead this season yet

Dwight-He can say he's the leader but saying it doesnt make it so. Somethings missing from his skillset to be a leader, he may never be the leader of this team.

Rashard-too softspoken,doenst play with enough intensity to lead.

Vince-to worried about pissing off Howard and Nelson? too old?

Barnes-not respected enough, too new

thats the starters, and your team leader starts.

Other contenders...

Lakers-Kobe obviously

Cavs- Lebron unfortunalty

Boston- KG, like him or not he's intense as hell and a great leader on the court

Denver- Billups, as we know, sure wish we couldve got him when available.

I dont know just seems like we are lacking that piece. Hopefully SVG and Otis can figure this out before too long.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Well at the same time the magic got far last year with jameer out, a new guy, and a laughing dwight howard. i don't know if leadership is the problem but taking it seriously sure is unless they laughed at a joke (you can't expect them to be down about every loss I guess so maybe they were just trying to shake it off). Regardless, we do lack somebody who has a 'leader' type of aura. I was expecting Vince to be that guy but he just seems too.. reserved.

I dont enjoy watching the team the same way as last year. Dont dont play the same as they did. No extra pass... no movement without the ball. Watching Dight warmup before a games tells me why is offense hasnt improved; Shooting 3s from sitting on the bench, half courts hooks, free throws without going through his routine, half speed post moves. Its really weak. My high school coach would have benched me for warming up like that. Its sad really. He is waisting his talent. He could be SO much better.

Vince is exactly what I said he was going to be a few years ago when we almost signed him. I am not suprised. He would have made a great soccer player the way he rolls around after a bruise. Bad shot after bad ****. Weak defense. Ballmovement KILLER. It always sticks to his hands when swinging around. Always.

Reshard is the softest 6'10 player in the NBA. No reason why he should be shooting from his feet underhanded every time he drives the lane. He isnt getting shots, but he is proactive about getting them. He is indifferent. I dont think he cares if he scores 5 or 20. Thats not the right attitude from your highest paid player.

If it were up to me, I would start Jameer (only because J will is better off the bench), JJ, Barnes, and Anderson. Those guys seem like they want to play basketball.

Leadership is not demanded it is earned and Dwight Howard so much wants to be like Kobe or Lebron but Dwight doesn't have a offensive game when muscled. Last night he was just out played and his foul troubles are his fault. I officiated all levels of basket ball just not NBA and Dwight cries he is not going to get any break.

Vince is over the hill and everyone is afraid to upset Dwight.

Jameer was the leader last year? I could laugh at this.I know who was the real leader and made the team(especially Howard) play better,but I don't want to write his name

quote:
Originally posted by lemanyak:

Jameer was the leader last year? I could laugh at this.I know who was the real leader and made the team(especially Howard) play better,but I don't want to write his name

what's wrong with writing tony battie?

Would it be that turkish guy? I think thats reaching but the chemistry did seem better last year, almost like everyone knew what thier role was. I guess thats the risk you take when you add so many new guys.

As far as Jameer before injury last year he was doing a great job leading the team, just hasn't been able to stay on the court this year.

I read this morning NJ bought out Rafer.

Turk was agreat piece of the team but he wasn't a leader, neither was jameer but I like the owrd chemsitry. Last year we had it, this year we don't. Vince is IMO a better player that Turk (Although recent form wouldn't suggest that atm) but doesn't fit as well.

Howard seems to have lost his way, there's just no communication on the court between him and the other players hence the lack of ball movement, it seems each of our guys are trying to get the ball in the hoop but aren't thining it through right. I think the reason for it is Howard misses plying styles like Turk and has been missing Jameer, it's like he's a lone figure at the post and he needs to rally the troops around him.

I've said it before, if we build a team around the big guy then the team needs to play that way, it really is that simple. We shot a lot of 3's last and made more becasue we had good shooters, Turk again, but this year for some reason it ain't happening and I wonder if it is Vince?

I just Howard can be the leader he was last year.